My chicken area smells, what can I do?

Gups05

Hatching
Jun 23, 2020
Hey there, so my chicken area smells, bad!
I read somewhere that you can put some sort of fly in the area that will eat their poop and that will help with odor. It really does smell. Someone help!

Hey there, so my chicken area smells, bad!
I read somewhere that you can put some sort of fly in the area that will eat their poop and that will help with odor. It really does smell. Someone help!
You may want to clean out your coops bedding, have you done that lately?

What is your bedding/nesting/flooring method? How big is your coop? What is your ventilation like? How many birds do you have? Pictures may help.
Well, my mother has some bantams right now, but I don't have any chickens rn sadly due to local laws :( She has 9 adult bantams that live in a wooden coop made out of an old treehouse that was torn down. She's got chicken wire at the front, and a few holes in it else-where, but nothing fancy for ventilation. She uses pine shavings for them generally. I suppose I should be asking these questions of you, not the other way around lol.

Well, my mother has some bantams right now,
I believe that @amk122284 was asking the OP. ;)

What is your bedding/nesting/flooring method? How big is your coop? What is your ventilation like? How many birds do you have? Pictures may help.
Good questions....hopefully the OP @Gups05 will come back and answer them.

Oh, and ....Welcome to BYC! @Gups05
Where in this world are you located?
Climate, and time of year, is almost always a factor.
Please add your general geographical location to your profile.
It's easy to do, and then it's always there!
1593035242187.png

Back
Top Bottom