my chicken has been stading up for 2 days now?

lschick

Hatching
Aug 18, 2017
its been pretty hot here in So, Colorado this week I dont know if that has anything to do with it but the other night i was putting them in their coop and when I looked back she was on her side, I thought that maybe she was rolling in the dirt but after 3 min or so she got weak and could even hold her head up she went into like a dry heave for a little bit then she threw up a gooey liquid. I thought she would die but now almost 3 days later, she is still alive. she has not eaten much but I have seen her drink water.I do have her away from the flock but shes just been standing in the same spot. Can anyone offer any advice?

As you've noticed, your hen is sick. It's not possible to say what's making her sick without some investigating to dredge up more information.

In addition to the questions @RhodeIslandRed5 has asked, what has she been eating? If free ranging, where and what has she been in contact with? Compost? Any pesticides? If confined, does she have access to grit?

Does her breath smell? Have you looked inside her mouth to see if there's any coating in her throat and roof of mouth? Any discharge from her beak or nares? Bubbly eyes? Sneezing?

Is she able to balance okay? Or is she lame and wobbly?

Back
Top Bottom