my chicken is sick :(

Sour crop is very difficult to treat, and I’m not an expert so I’m not going to say much except DONT try and vomit the chicken; once it’s sour it’s too late for that. Take away food and water immediately until you find out what to do next. I’m going to look up this video that I watched way too late when my last bird had sour crop. She died bc I didn’t do my homework and treat her properly ☹️ Let me find the video and I’ll post it for you.

So, I put Marilla in isolation last night (she wasn't roosting) and noticed that Menerva was sitting on the nest. I thought she had gone broody but this morning she had a full squishy crop and a really swollen abdomen. Marilla has a swollen abdomen too. They are both in isolation but Marilla is a lot weaker than Menerva. I tried to offer garlic water (like in the video) but the weren't interested. So I just put some water in there (no food) because I'm not comfortable leaving them in a cage without water. I am going to try and feed the scrambled eggs and greek yoghurt tomorrow or mabye this arvo. Please tell me if I am doing something wrong.
Thanks

So Menerva is better. Her crop is basically empty and only has grit in it and her abdomen is no longer swollen. Marilla has not improved. I gave them both a little greek yoghurt a few hours ago and they liked it, but Marilla vomited a bit when she bent down to eat it. Also, I picked her up and she vomited. Marilla is very weak but I think Menerva is basically cured! Should I take Menerva out of isolation tomorrow?

Back
Top Bottom