My Chicken Life- Story!

Chicken Frenzie

Chicken Whisperer
12 Years
Nov 2, 2010
Well, in the Spring of 2009, my Dad wanted some chickens to lay us eggs. So we ordered three from our local feed store (Well my mom and dad did, my brother and I were at Camp) When we got home- YIPPIE!!! THREE NEW FLUFFALLS!( Of course at this time I've never seen baby chicks close up) So I picked out which one I wanted, my mom did and so did my twin brother. I got the brown one with little black freckles on it's face. My brother got the golden one that was kind of fatish (
lol.png
) and my mom got the tiny bantam. These chicks were born June 18 2009. Mine was named Bell'e my brothers Nugget, and my mom's chick Flower. But, the next day flower was weak. She wasn't eating or drinking, so we had to help her eat and drink. The next day while I was sleeping, Flower passed. We have Bell'e and Nugget.

My friend had 100 chickens, so she gave one to us! but actually, soryr to say we kind of rescued Jewels. She was crowded into a tiny coop with a goose stepping, plucking, and harrassing everyone. It was Jewels, my mom's. They loved following us, and getting 'lost' in the grass. When they all were about teens- boy they were ugly! In the stage between chick- and adult. Unfourtunatly Nugget wasn't happy. His favorite game was called "Chasing my boy around!" And hence the name of the game was right. He loved chasing after my brother tryingto peck him and scratch him. The meanest chicken EVER! My Dad was even afraid of him. One day Nugget decided to chase my brother. So, nugget chased him for about 20 minutes until I finally got nugget then he poked me in the behind..
hide.gif
Nugget also started crowing! Rooster- oh no! So we gave Nugget away, on his new farm whenever people get out of their cars, he hides and when they step out he runs for them.. glad he isn't ours anymore!
Alrighty then, Bell'e and jewels, turns out they're both hens. An EE and black Austrolorp. Jewels the BA layed her first egg about Sept., Bell'e layed hers in late October. We 'survived' the winter in the little tiny coop.
NEXT SPRING!
Oh yay! I won a deal with my dad and I'm getting Pekin ducks!!! When we get them, I love them SOOOO mutch! They're little yellow puffballs and would follow me anywhere! I had a boy and girl- Pip was the boy and Crackers the girl. But, apparently when Crackers decided it was about time to start laying, she turned extremely mean. she wouldn't even let me touch her1 and while my two lovely chickens were find bugs on top of a tiny little hill in our backyard, Crackers would dive at Bell'e, and tumble down the hill grabbing onto her neck feathers. This caused me to get really mad at the ducks, no matter got many times I put them back in the run,. they wen tb akc and did it over and over. Then I started crying and holding bell'e I said to my parents " Daddy mommy Crackers is hurting Bel''e PLEASE get them away!" So we moved them to a good home.
We saw this lady in the newspaper, abotu an hour drive to get there, and she had a chicken buissness, so we ewnt they had goats who ate part of my Dad's shirt, and cats and chickens! We got to pick out ANY I wanted- so I picked out Angel Chevi, the ameraucana.
Angel was addicted to pine trees, and ran faster than my brother friend. We called him "The little speeding bullet of love".One day, Angel started crowing. Non-stop. Everyone minute, for about a week until we finally went crazy! We returned angel, and got Chessnut.
While this was going on, Bell'e and Jewels have grown u pSO mutch! and they love all the little birds coming to visit them. Chessnut followed me, and ate lots of ants! The next day we went back to the same place, and got two more chickens. Of course, I needed to HAVE the one with the puffball of top of it's head! And my Dad wanted to cool barred one. These the BARRED Rock, was Marbles. The puffball one was rosie, the White Crested Black Polish who went a wee bit crazy.
These three hung out together, and it was cute because we all could tell Chessnut had a crush on Marbles, to bad Marbles didn't feel the same way!
hugs.gif
But Rosie and Chessnut turned out to be fine hens, well Chessnut did....
Marbles turned out to be a rooster, but he is so nice! We doesn't crow either!
tongue2.gif
He is a challenged rooster, but we love him just how he is.
love.gif
I had to go to my Grandma's, so I asked my mom and Dad to go back to that one place, and see he they could get that Silkie my mom wanted. but when they came back they said the lady was closing andthese were the last two birds. My mom told me we actually rescued them, she was gonig to kill both of them because no one wanted them. they were smushed ito a little crate witrth lots of turkeys. I will never forget the moment when I opened the box and scrawny Daisy and Misty were magical little creatures. Their feathering was AMAZING, golden, white, blue...! Their lacing was fantactic too- especially Misty's. Misty turned out to be a Blue Crested Polish, and Daisy a Beared Buff Laced Polish. They were like BFF's
hugs.gif
standing by one another, not going close to the flock. But since they were polish, tey couldn't see well, but we have woods RIGHT next to our property, but the cyoties and all the bad stuff doesn't dare come by us in fear of our two big giant Labs. But one night Misty was missing, she wandered out in the woods before, and we found her. But this time we couldn't- We ot up like 12:00 at night and looked again- nothing. I cryed and cryed, but it was a school day. I had ot get up in 7 hours.
The next day my Mom let me leave school early to look for Misty- my mom didn't tell me until a week later she heard the cyoties that night yipping and howling. We found her feathers, I have them in my scrapbook and my mom found her little crest. Daisy was nothing without Misty, so every day I spent about a half and hour to two hours hugging and playing with Daisy, they cheared her up, and now she knows her name! Daisy is still really scrawny..
yippiechickie.gif
We got three rescued birds in October, after everyone (Mosty ) started to lay! These birds were Jasmin, a black Japaneese, Carmin, a Blue light brown Dutch, and Houdinni (Yes after the magic guy!) the splash Dutch. They were SOOO tiny! They fit in your hand! Their eggs are very small too! Bite-sized!
celebrate.gif
. Oh gosh- Marbles has started to mate.. I didn't know what he was doing at first, I thought he was hurting them! But he is still trying to mate now, with no luck...
Sorry ,this might be really bad but this is my life of chickens- in a really short versoin! WAIT! HOLD IT! I forgot about Amber.
Well, from that same friend we got Jewels, we got Amber. Amber was an EE, and we took about 1 and 1/2 hours trying to catch one, but when a tree stump went in my foot and I got a big cut. But Amber got stuck in the fence, flapping her arms vigoriously, my Dad got her and she was ours. In the car though, tragic striked. Amber staretd freaking out, broke her neck and when we got home and put her down, Nugget killed her by stepping on her head noce and for all. Well, Nugget didn't mean to probably, he just didn't look...
Down.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom