my chicken looks like her organs are falling out urgent please help

kattttt

In the Brooder
Aug 29, 2023
i dont know whats happening she was fine yesterday shes just laying down and it looks like an egg or something is coming out of her shes all bloody and theres maggots too i dont know what to do please fast

tw for image bc its graphic

also edit shes 3 years old and hasnt laid eggs in a while, she broke her leg like last year and recovered and shes been really good since then very healthy except poop always gettingn stuck to feathers even when i cleaned it

update its graphic i still feel like im gonna throw up so dont read if you have a weak stomach, basically while we were cleaning her and removing the maggots from the prolapse something on it like on one side started inflating and it was small at first but it grew, and then we put her in a diaper so it would be on something clean and maggots wouldnt come and as i was carrying her into her favorite laying spot the thing that inflated popped and a LOT of water came out and i mean a lot it was leaking in big amounts for about 2 minutes the diaper was soaked and it was still leaking idk what that was??? and as i was putting her to lay down she jumped out of the diaper and she was standing and the prolapse is now smaller and more pink but its bleeding on the top, we tried to put it back in while cleaning her but it just didnt work and there was nothing we could do. i hope she’ll pass soon so she can stop suffering she looks like shes in a lot of pain shes all shaking and hard breathing i dont have a way to make it easier for her to pass

Attachments

• B6202F2E-CF2C-4D3C-91EF-BF004DF59686.jpeg
    B6202F2E-CF2C-4D3C-91EF-BF004DF59686.jpeg
    680.9 KB · Views: 54
Last edited:
Wow. I don't know a lot about this, but it looks like a bad prolapse. Search for "prolapse" for more information.
thank you i searched it up and it says its easily treatable i’ll clean her up but idk how i can put it back in

I'm so sorry you and your chicken are going through this. I had a very similar incident with one of mine and ultimately she didn't make it. I was able to take her to a Veterinary and he had to put her down.
I hope that your were able to get her to a professional. I know how horrible an experience this can be as I lived it too. I recommend that you talk with someone (I did some therapy) as it is very traumatic. Bless you.

Back
Top Bottom