My chickens toes

Tommy Kirby

Chirping
Jan 17, 2018
Aldenville P.A
Hi my My rooster has swollen toes & these white discoloration. I don't know how to treat it. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Here r some photos. Thank you!
20180126_161612.jpg
20180126_161608.jpg

I see frostbitten toes that will eventually fall off. I generally leave them alone and let them heal. You may need to change your roosts so they cover their toes better.

Thank u all for your responses. I keep this rooster with one other hen because he gets picked on by the three other roosters. He doesn't have a roost, he's in a a little coop with her with a straw bottom.
Tom

Not only does that look like frostbite but also like it is affecting both of his feet from the ankle down so he could lose the lot! You'll need to keep a very close eye on him, watch out for infection and also see just how functional he is after whatever loss he suffers. I saw a video on here somewhere of a cockerel running around quite happily without proper feet....I would never have thought it possible!

It looks like all his toes on both feet are swollen, and grayish feet are turning tan. I don't know what to do. The avian vet is 45 miles away. Also he's been laying down a lot.
Tom

Healing up from frostbite can take months. I don't think a vet can do much for you anyways. He needs time. I personally don't do anything with them because messing with damaged tissue can damage it more. So if you are applying anything I would stop that.

Back
Top Bottom