My chicks are MIA:box found:all doa -Update: new order shipping Monday

Hope the answer can be found the po needs to come up with a solution so this is not repeated! Whole batch of little fuzzy butts running around in God's garden!
love.gif

Last edited:
hit.gif

I am so sorry to hear about your chicks. When I read they were finally found DOA, I literally got sick to my stomach. My heart aches knowing how they must have suffered a slow, painful death. I hope they find who made the mistake and make them realize that ALL life is precious!

Jen

That just makes me so mad I could kill someone. Sorry to be so blunt. I hope to God you called Ideal (not so ideal) right away. I would have given them a toungue lashing they would never forget. If I were you I wouldn't even bother with the one who answers the phone... just ask directly for the manager or whoever is the highest ranking they could get you in touch with.

Poor things dying scared and in the dark. When was their ship date? I know this has been up for a long while. Were they starting to decompose? (sorry, but it would give you a idea of how long they been dead)

Sons of.... ARG!!! I'm mad now! I better get off here before I start typing things that will only get me in trouble.

It isnt Ideals fault. They dont deliver the mail. I have gotten every order through the mail from Ideal and they do everything in their power to make things right. They even replace or refund your order even though it is the POST OFFICES fault.

Quote:
I don't think they OP has had any problems with IDEAL, they have been very helpful and offered to replace/refund which is all they can do at this point. The problem occured during transit. Somewhere between IDEAL and the OPs Post Office. It is very upsetting that someone in the Post Office didn't have the goodness in them to see that the live animals were cared for when they realized they were not going to make it to their destination on time, but I am sure there is probably some pretty stern rules they have to follow about opening packages, no matter what is inside. I doubt someone will risk their job for chicks. (I secretly wish they would, but I understand why they wouldn't)

Shipping animals is a risk, it's unfortunate and sad when things like this happen, but I honestly can't see how Ideal is to blame in this situation.

Last edited:
Yes. I don't blame Ideal for this.....they shipped them out on time and have been nice as can be to work with. Something happened in the postal service......who knows what. My PO didn't get them until today.........believe me, they had my info...i called them twice last week. They would have called me as soon as they got them (which they did today).

Kind of gross, but I do expect that they were dead quite a while....they said they were keeping the box "out back", which to me means stinky. But after 7 days in the mail...they were likely dead at least 3-4 days....

I don't blame Ideal at all, and would order from them again if I wasn't a bit leery of the whole shipping thing now. I don't think it has anything to do with Ideal, rather some sort of postal glitch.

I just don't see how someone working in the postal service could drop the ball like that! It's obvious they're live animals, say's so on the box! And you know they were chirping! It's so sad! It make me sick to even think about it. I just don't get it....
hit.gif
somad.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Quote:
This is really an appropriate attitude. The Post Office delivers literally billions of pieces of mail each year including thousands of boxes of chicks. The vast majority arrive on time & fine. To expect that none of those billions of pieces of mail should ever go astray is just not a reasonable expectation. I realize that when it's your mail, chicks or otherwise, it's an annoyance & sometimes it can have significant consequences but it really isn't anyone's fault. Just a byproduct of a very large system.

Back
Top Bottom