My chicks are surviving!!!

itsjustjen

Songster
8 Years
Mar 10, 2011
Middle Tennessee
2 days ago, I lost my faovrite EE chick to cocci. The others were not very far behind. I feared all was lost until I got some wonderful advice on here and from a dear friend who also rasies chicks. After a quick trip to the feed store for Wazine and Sulmet, I started them on medicated feed and the water mixture. They have all perked right up!! The one I feared was soon to follow the other is running around the brooder and having much better looking poops! I have become obsessed with their poops, it's sad really.

They are off of pine shavings and on paper towels instead.

We aren't out of the woods just yet but I am holding out hope that they will all come around.

And because my older chicks are only 6 weeks old, I am doing a 2 day treatment of their water too as a precaution. They have never presented any symptoms and I am careful about washing my hands before and after handling each flock but I still worry it might spread.

It's hard to look down and only see 4 beautiful little babies instead of 5....

I went out to my brooder this morning and saw a blood bath! it started over night! And someone is REALLLY bad pooping all blood. I ran to the feed store and got medicated feed and sulmet. they dont have corrid. I hope I can catch this in time. What else did you do for them? JEN

Quote:
Wazine. Remove all shavings and put down paper towels. Washed the feeder and waterer in a extremely mild bleach solution to sanizite them. Also, watched like a hawk for the bloody pooper, removed her from the rest of the flock and put her in a tote all by herself with medicated feed and fresh water.

Try to get some of the wazine, it's a wormer. You just mix it into the water and they drink it. They'e had the medicatd water for 14 hrs now and as I said, one was on the brink of death and is making a come back.

I wish you the best of luck! It's hard to lose one.

ALSO, get them on the wazine/sulmet mix ASAP! The feed just doesn't work fast enough and is used for more of a preventive then a cure.

Sorry to hear about your chicks glad that you were able to revive the four. Im new to the forum im so glad that I have found this forum because of the vast knowledge and willingness to help that all peeps are willing to give. Hope all goes well

Back
Top Bottom