My Chinchilla Rabbit Needs A Home...ASAP

holliewould

Songster
11 Years
May 15, 2008
Planet Earth
Hope this is in the right section. My bunny is a sweet standard sized Chinchilla bunny. He is free range. He loves humans. He follows you everywhere and licks, licks, and licks some more. He has major identity issues. I need to re-home him ASAP. Can post pics for anyone interested. The bunny is in South Florida. Someone please take him before he becomes snake food. If it's not too expensive I will ship him to you!

Try posting this on the Buy, Sell, Swap thread.
I don't know how old your rabbit is but I do not advise shipping in this heat or your receiver will have roasted rabbit.

Quote:
Hmmm, the bunny is in South South Florida. South as you can get in the USA. I'll stick an ice pack in there or something if necessary.

Why would he become snake food? Just curious I am in oregon and cannot take him...he'd never make the trip.

I'll be honest here. I made the mistake of taking the bunny because my sons teacher was desperate. When school lets out, they rehome tons of animals. It's ridiculous. I tried to take the pet rock instead. Anyway, he has this small hutch. Everytime I went to feed him, he would urinate in this 360 fashion. He don't just pee, he sprays all over my face. So I thought he was miserable and needed room to roam. I let him have the run of my yard. He has completely destroyed it. Still, with a big yard, he runs right up to me and sprays all over me. I can't take it anymore. He's so sweet yet I want him out of my life. Sorry it sounds harsh. This was a bad mistake on my part. So, weather he's snake food, or a fur coat, he needs to go. Noone wants to eat a warm weathered bunny for some reason.

I adopted a mature male rabbit that started spraying my cat in the house. I had him neutered and it totally took care of the problem. It's just a male hormone/mating problem. He had lived in a hutch outdoors and been used for breeding, before he came to live with me. He also learned to use a litterbox in a couple of days. We only had to get him neutered, because he fell in love with the cat.
lol.png

I'm not trying to imply that you shouldn't rehome him, I just wanted to add this information for you or anyone else that might be interested in taking him. Rabbits are very adaptable.

Edited to add this link, in case he doesn't find a new home here:
http://www.floridarabbit.org/

Last edited:
Please contact the site that WoodlandWoman advised. It is part of the House Rabbit Society and they are very good.

Your bunny would benefit from being neutered - it will make a great deal of difference. If it makes you feel any better, he is spraying you out of love
tongue.png
- male buns will often hop over their the females and urinate on them.

On a side note, your school district is being horribly irresponsible if that is how they are dealing with classroom pets. All they are doing is teaching children that pets are disposable. I would immediately contact my local Humane Society chapter and let them know what is going on - they have specific programs to educate teachers about the proper care of classroom pets. Most school districts have very detailed policies that they have written with the assistance of the Humane Society.

Back
Top Bottom