My coop burned down

Pics
Nov 19, 2017
Leduc County, Alberta
Yeah, I am so thankful that all my chickens were okay, but the structure that we worked really hard on was just a pile of flaming rubble :(. We had to desperately shovel snow onto it to put it out, but it was just sad to see everything we had built in a small pile on the ground. As for advice on what to do with the chickens i'll take it but I mainly just wanted to inform everyone to what had happened.

I'm not really sure what you can do :( I'd try getting them to a space where they can stay temporarily - if you have garage space I'd cover the floor with cardboard and get a temporary chicken tractor to keep them in. Something that they won't fly out of, but is also cheap and portable. If anyone you know could lend you some space that would be great.

I stopped using heat lamps after one of my chickens knocked the bulb out of it (the lamp was off). Unfortunately though, all heating is expensive. My alternative heating probably cost around US $300. If you'd like I can post on what I did.

I'd try getting them to a space where they can stay temporarily - if you have garage space I'd cover the floor with cardboard and get a temporary chicken tractor to keep them in. Something that they won't fly out of, but is also cheap and portable.

You could also move it to areas of short grass for grazing. I'd attach wheels to whatever you'd use as a tractor. The chickens are less likely to escape if you lift the tractor a small bit and move it that way.

Back
Top Bottom