My coop is finally done! (pics)

New Kid In the Coop

In the Brooder
11 Years
Aug 15, 2008
SW Washington
What do you think? It took us about 2 1/2 weeks and about $200 but we finally got 'er done!

14497_dscf2865.jpg

14497_dscf2869.jpg

14497_dscf2864.jpg
[/img]

This will house 2RIR 2SLW and 1GLW (one is possibly a roo so there might only be 4 birds)

I already put the chicks in there with a heat lamp. They are much happier than in the rubbermaid container! I even found two of them on a roost this morning! Anyway, I just wanted to show off our hard work a little!

We just got done building a deck so we had a lot of left over wood, and we also had some wood from other projects so we used as much as we could. We had to by some lumber and the chicken wire and all of the hardware so it wasn't too bad. We also just painted our house last summer and had some left over so it matches our house! Thanks for the compliment!

Wow, that looks really nice. i wish my hubby or i was handy enough to build something like that. You're chickens are very lucky!

So i notice you have a door on the outside and inside. Can a person get inside to clean it? Or is it just big enough for getting a broom inside?

Quote:
We have the door on the outside just for feeding and watering so we don't have to wade through chicken poo every morning to feed them. We also have the pop door on a pully system so we can open that from the outside. The pop door also has a latch that we can lock from the outside. We have two locks on the run gate so it's easier to do everything from the outside! The door on the front (inside the run) is bigger for cleaning. We can sweep it out and we can fit through there if we need to get in there to clean. It's been quite a project! I'm sure there will be some other functional ideas we will find later!

Very nice! Fancy too! I wish my husband and I were as crafty! We really should load up some photos of our coop when it's done...we only have 2 hens.

Edit:

Ooopsies, I don't think the link to the coop we copied is working. It's roughly 3feet x 4feet 5 inches and just under 3 feet high.
We botched up our measuring a little so we had to wing it but all we have to do now is even up a 'human' side door, put in the roosts, make a nest box, and slap on the roof. We've been working on replacing our front decking all weekend too so it's going on....a 3 day project.

I love looking at everyone's coops!
big_smile.png

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom