my coop (Run complete chooks in just a few details left new pics)

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by AHappychick, Mar 28, 2009.

1. AHappychick

AHappychick Wanna-be Farmer

Dec 16, 2008
    westchester
    Well finally started the new coop. Having read and reviewed countess coops here on BYC and after re-designing at least 6 times I have begun.

There will be one large section with a large run for my main egg layers and 2 smaller coops and runs for breeding pens and 2 smaller Cages for various needs. All in all is is 12x8 i wished I could have gone bigger but have to control myself lol

My ex and I are doing it, lets just say its been a little rough on the emotions it is hard for me not to swoon when watching a man build.

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 25, 2009
  2. purecountrychicken

purecountrychicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 11, 2008
    Gray Court, SC
    Looking great so far!

3. mightieskeeper

mightieskeeper Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 6, 2009
    Clio Michigan
    "My ex and I are doing it" I bet that makes for interesting conversion. The coop is coming together nicely. How many chickens will you have?

4. greengardengirl

greengardengirl Out Of The Brooder

I actually started building my coop today ... with my ex too! [​IMG]

5. AHappychick

Dec 16, 2008
    westchester
    luckilly I am not a big conversationalist when working so there has not been that much talk, I wish he would announce what an pain he was but I dont think thats gonna happen. I have 12 layers and a bunch of chicks so it should work out I hope. If not there is alwys more room for building lol.

Edited to remove cussing! Please remember that this is a Family Friendly forum!

From the forum Rules:

1. Remember this is a family board no swearing / foul language and no inappropriate "Adult" topics.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 2, 2009
  6. They Call Me Pete

They Call Me Pete Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 23, 2009
    CT
    Looking good and kudos to you and ex for being able to work together.

7. Suburban chick farmer 09

Suburban chick farmer 09 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 21, 2009
    St. Louis MO
    Sound like an odd situation but the coop looks great. [​IMG]

8. bigmike&nan

bigmike&nan Chillin' With My Peeps

Quote:That's gonna be an awesome coop...

Maybe it's my 62 years being a guy - but him coming over to build the coop for you is his way of saying he cares and/or is sorry - men, don't usually own up to being asses. Most men can't verbalize their emotions that well. They say it with ACTIONS (like framing your coop). In THE FIVE LOVE LANGUAGES this is called an ACT OF SERVICE...

http://www.fivelovelanguages.com/learn.html

Michael

***Edited quote to remove foul language***

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 2, 2009
  9. Zahboo

Zahboo Simply Stated

Feb 3, 2009
    Hope Mills, NC
    It looks awesome. You and Ex must e working together enough to get this far! Is it going to be a gable or slanted roof?

10. AHappychick

Dec 16, 2008
    westchester
    well I just got back from NJ and seeing the ex, I use his house for chick drop offs since I sell more around him then here at home. Tried to talk to him and explain things (wrote another post about it so dont want to re-hash it all) I think our relationship is hopeless though although he admitted that what he did was not right that's where it ended, no apology or anything to make me think that he still loves me or ever really did. He claims he compramised so much by dating a widow with a child but I tried to explain that I was that when he met me and that it is not a compramise it is just who I am. Just like he is a guy with a dog and I knew that when I met him and accepted it. I dont understand why he bothered with me at all. I am not a cryer, never have been, but I have cried today (not in front of him) and probably will some more. Hopefully the coop will be done by wed. and I sold most of the chooks today so I wont need to see him again after this I suppose.

Since my ds is at my sisters I could not hug him and snuggle, so I snugged my roo Alabaster instead. lol

Regular roof btw not barn style

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by