My Crazy Life with Chickens!

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by JessBradley, Sep 16, 2019.

Tags:
  1. JessBradley

JessBradley Chirping

Aug 25, 2019
    Michigan
    I want to share a story of the last 14 hours of my life as a Chicken Mama!
    Last night, I went to lock my 9 ladies in their coop for the night and counted only 8. I started to search the yard and came up empty handed. I checked the garage, the lane to the woods, ditch, side of the road, etc. Found NOTHING

⛈The weather got terrible last night and I kept turning on all the outside flood lights to see if she possibly came home and was hiding on one of the porches... Nothing... so finally after being worried about the heavy rain and winds (Pure Michigan Weather) I fell asleep.

I woke up this morning turning all porch lights on again and no bird in sight. Get the kids up, get then ready for school while continuing to check out the windows. NOTHING again.

My oldest goes and let's all the other ladies out of the coop and everyone wandered to the front like usual. I counted, my kids counted and we still only had 8.

Alright, so by this point I'm sad because I'm sure shes been eaten and wont be coming home

I go lock up the house, go to get into the truck and BOOM THERE SHE IS! IN MY TRUCK!!! Tammie 2 had been in my truck, I'm assuming, since we got home from THE BUS STOP!!! So roughly 5:15 p.m. the night before!!!! THATS 15 HOURS!!!

She had to have been living the dream for there was a blanket on the passenger seat, crumbs in the back from the boys and a nice warm place to keep her safe from the storm!
    YES there was poop on the floor and the center console but NOTHING on any of the seats! Do I consider myself lucky? I'm still trying to figure that part out?

Attached Files:

2. chrissynemetz

chrissynemetz Crossing the Road

Dec 19, 2013
    Olathe Colorado
    That's hilarious!! :lau
    I'm so glad she was safe in the truck! :D

EggWalrus, sourland, Cryss and 3 others like this.
  3. N F C

N F C Champion

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    I'm not sure who was luckier...you to find her or Tammie 2 for finding a warm dry spot! Glad the story had a happy ending :D

EggWalrus, sourland and Cryss like this.
  4. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years.

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    So glad for a happy ending. Bet she was very pleased with herself. Good thing she didn't try driving.

5. sourland

sourland Broody Magician

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    Smart girl.

drumstick diva, N F C and EggWalrus like this.
  6. Mybackyardpeepers

Mybackyardpeepers Crowing

Mar 22, 2019
    Michigan
    My daughter has to inspect the bed of her truck after driving all the way to work (not close to home) and finding one of her hens rode back there the whole way!!!

drumstick diva, N F C and EggWalrus like this.
  7. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years.

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Chickens just want to have fun :yesss:

Mybackyardpeepers likes this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: