My Dog is eating chicken poop, is this harmful?

Yes. Two got the end of the tail. It has a weird flap from when her tail was docked. One got the ear/head skin. I had to throw a stitch in it to make it quit. The last straw was cutting the webbing between toes.

Been doing it myself for 6 years now.
Good for you. Well, now that I am so well acquainted with her, are you gonna let me see her?

You posted as I did. That's horrible, what's up with that? Poor thing!
Thinking it was ‘time is money’ attitude.

I’ve had exactly one groomer worth a crap. She trimmed her 4 times (every three months) and announced she was quitting to raise a family. Maggie loved her. Always perfect. I was charged 40 for the groom and always tipped 40. Back then I had the disposable income, and she did very good work.

FD94A6D7-6D5E-4AA2-BF98-70934B7A9548.jpeg

I have a good friend who used to groom my Sheltie. Unfortunately, I haven't had anyone come to the house since Covid and I can't really take care of Gracie as well as my friend could. My GirlChild does a fair job but it's not quite the same. (This is my granddaughter, who lives with us). Ah ain't life interesting, lol!

She’s my spoiled monster.
Had a chick hiding behind one of her favorite toys yesterday. (I couldn’t see it) told her to bring it here, so she snags the chick and brings it to me.
No harm to the chick! Just slightly slobbered on and very mad. Now that I ‘let’ her bring me one, she’s excited to do it again. It’ll take me a day or two before she’s back to ‘those are off limits’ I cannot discipline her for doing exactly what I asked of her. Kind of a tough spot to put the responsible dog owner in.

There’s video of her gnawing on a fresh bone. The chicks and full size pullets keep crowding in for a bite. Never pays them any attention whatsoever.

She’s my spoiled monster.
Had a chick hiding behind one of her favorite toys yesterday. (I couldn’t see it) told her to bring it here, so she snags the chick and brings it to me.
No harm to the chick! Just slightly slobbered on and very mad. Now that I ‘let’ her bring me one, she’s excited to do it again. It’ll take me a day or two before she’s back to ‘those are off limits’ I cannot discipline her for doing exactly what I asked of her. Kind of a tough spot to put the responsible dog owner in.

There’s video of her gnawing on a fresh bone. The chicks and full size pullets keep crowding in for a bite. Never pays them any attention whatsoever.
I had a Golden retriever years ago that never bothered any of my birds. A friend of my son wanted to borrow him to hunt ducks. So I had to teach him to retrieve a bird. I wrapped one of my homing pigeons and told him to "take it." He was like, uh-uh, not supposed to. I urged him and finally opened his mouth and put the bird in and told him "hold it." The look on his face was so cool. It was awe, amazement, recognition, joy. "THIS is what I was born for!" Unfortunately I forgot to teach him about guns. 😕 At the first shot he made a bee line for the car and wanted no further part of the day's activities.

I had to teach this one about guns. She was terrible until it clicked that BANG meant she could go find/fetch dead birds. It was tricky getting her to differentiate between birds to leave alone and birds we were hunting. Took me 3-4 days for it to settle in to my liking.

Maybe not a mask, but what about one of those cage-style muzzles? He can breathe and pant and bark, do all things doggy, but hopefully not reach the ground where the goodies are. In fact this is such a good idea I am going to try it on my poop-eating dog and wish I'd thought of it sooner! 🤣
We learn something new every day. Even from our own self.
Im not sure my pup will be willing ro keep it on.
Let me know if it works for you.

Back
Top Bottom