My Dog Is Infested With Ticks!

We always burn the ticks. We keep a metal container that had a candle in it, we pooped the candle out. We place the tick in the metal container and light a match, hold the match under the container, the tick will curl up and die.
Yeah I’ve heard of doing that. That’s a good idea. My mom always turns the tick a certain way to also get its head out so it doesn’t stay inside the blood stream. She’s groomed lots of dogs who have ticks since she’s a dog groomer.

my step father had a Pomeranian die because of flea collars, she got it in her mouth and ended up killing her. I would avoid using them. I suggest using either a chewable flea tick and mosquito treatment every month or using a topical solution every month, I have a lot of success with a topical advantage treatment with my dog.
Oh that’s terrible! I’m sorry to hear that. Yeah we usually use topical treatment and it works great!

What? That’s insane! I have a panic attack if I saw that on my pants! What a terrible way to start spring. Some years seem to be worse than others. This year just seems to be one of those bad years. It’s a tick pandemic! And ticks are so hard to smash. I’ve smashed a tick literally like 50 times and it didn’t die. So I had my dad get the tick on concrete, he found the sharpest rock he could find and he ground it into the concrete. I seriously wonder what ticks purpose is? Lol
I did panic! I ran trying to get away from them and removed my sweater, vest, and hat. I kept trying to scrap them off with my shoes while crying. I was too scared to even touch Sterling for awhile after that too. I left for a couple of hours and took my favorite hen Rocky with me, because I knew if I had anymore ticks on me, she'd save me by eating them. Brave girl!
I burn ticks until they disintegrate. Sometimes I'll spray them with the cedar stuff because that'll kill them too.

I did panic! I ran trying to get away from them and removed my sweater, vest, and hat. I kept trying to scrap them off with my shoes while crying. I was too scared to even touch Sterling for awhile after that too. I left for a couple of hours and took my favorite hen Rocky with me, because I knew if I had anymore ticks on me, she'd save me by eating them. Brave girl!
I burn ticks until they disintegrate. Sometimes I'll spray them with the cedar stuff because that'll kill them too.
😂 that’s a good idea. Just have your chicken remove the ticks! Maybe I’ll have my chickens do that for me too!

If I plan on trail walking with my dogs, both of them gets a very short hair cut before we go. And I always carry a tweezer, an eye dropper of alcohol. Just incase I have to kill and pluck while there. So far so good.

In a wet season, ticks bloom out in masses. Opposite for dry seasons.

And yes they are nasty pest that I have anxiety over.

If I plan on trail walking with my dogs, both of them gets a very short hair cut before we go. And I always carry a tweezer, an eye dropper of alcohol. Just incase I have to kill and pluck while there. So far so good.

In a wet season, ticks bloom out in masses. Opposite for dry seasons.

And yes they are nasty pest that I have anxiety over.
That’s a good idea! I’ll have to do that as well when we go on a walk again.

He’s currently not on any. We’re worried that if he does have ticks on him (highly likely) that when we would put tick prevention on him, all the ticks would come pouring off him and disperse throughout the house and latch onto us? Would that happen? Or can we put it on with ticks on him?

they will latch on but they will be dead and fall off. then you will have dead ticks all around your house, not live

of microscopic little ticks all over my pants, legs and shoes
I also have a tick phobia! Give me ten snakes and I'm fine, but I got a concussion once from finding a tick on me in the shower! Lol, serious! I freaked, slipped and fell, smacked the back of my head on the side of the tub, hello ER! Those micro ticks you found on you are called seed ticks, and the best way to deal with them is to jump in the shower (naked, lol) and slather the nasty little things with Skin-So-Soft or other oil but be CAREFUL not to fall like I did! That smothers them right quick and you can then wash them off with soap and water. I learned this from a relative of mine who is a nurse. It works!

Information is the best defense! Don't drive your car into a ditch! Yes, ticks carry diseases. BUT they have to be embedded on you for about 24 hours before they transmit the disease. So go home, check for ticks, pull them off, and shower. If you find one, get it off with fine-nose tweezers. Grasp it close to your body and pull it straight out. Don't squeeze it! Don't twist.

You can kill it easily with a little blob of Vaseline on a tissue. Stick the tick in the grease while you keep checking for ticks, he's not going anywhere. When you've gotten them all, wad up the tissue and flush it. Very satisfying. He is gone, gone!

Knowing this info has helped me a LOT. I still hate the repulsive little ba... er, buggers, but now I'm in control and don't freak out.

Now, somebody tell me what to do about CHIGGERS!

Back
Top Bottom