My Dog Is Infested With Ticks!

That’s an interesting article. Thanks for the info! That’s a lot of ticks each day. Hope it ends soon! Tick season is terrible. This year seems especially worse where I live.
Same here. I was introduced to tick season in the most horrible way this year. Me and Sterling went off the trail for a few minutes and when we got back onto the trail, I looked down, and my pant legs were covered in ticks! It's taking me a few weeks to recover from that. I still don't know how I'll do if I see another one on myself, but at least I'm now able to take them off of my dog. My family had gone fiddle heading, and they said that between them all, they had pulled off about 40 ticks in one trip this year. Suddenly the world's largest Fiddle heads can stay un picked.

Same here. I was introduced to tick season in the most horrible way this year. Me and Sterling went off the trail for a few minutes and when we got back onto the trail, I looked down, and my pant legs were covered in ticks! It's taking me a few weeks to recover from that. I still don't know how I'll do if I see another one on myself, but at least I'm now able to take them off of my dog. My family had gone fiddle heading, and they said that between them all, they had pulled off about 40 ticks in one trip this year. Suddenly the world's largest Fiddle heads can stay un picked.
I actually walked through a nest one time. Still see it in my nightmares 🤢😱.

I went through someone's front yard after visiting them, went to get in the car and had hundreds of microscopic little ticks all over my pants, legs and shoes. Was frantically spraying trying to kill them and rushed home and just threw myself in the shower. 😵

He’s currently not on any. We’re worried that if he does have ticks on him (highly likely) that when we would put tick prevention on him, all the ticks would come pouring off him and disperse throughout the house and latch onto us? Would that happen? Or can we put it on with ticks on him?
They will stay latched on him and die due to the preventive. When they fall off, they will be dead. But I would look into something other than frontline before you use it.

What? That’s insane! I have a panic attack if I saw that on my pants! What a terrible way to start spring. Some years seem to be worse than others. This year just seems to be one of those bad years. It’s a tick pandemic! And ticks are so hard to smash. I’ve smashed a tick literally like 50 times and it didn’t die. So I had my dad get the tick on concrete, he found the sharpest rock he could find and he ground it into the concrete. I seriously wonder what ticks purpose is? Lol

I definitely worry about ticks, but I also try to keep myself from over worrying. I suggest the same for others. Not all ticks carry lyme disease. Sometimes they are just a major irritation like the yellow fly bites I get every year at this time as well (which swell up like mini balloons on my legs and arms and itch like crazy for weeks).

Because 2021 is starting to look like a bad year for ticks, vigilance will be the key. Preventatives for pets (meds not just the collars), daily inspection for ticks and extra laundering. I think that's pretty much all you can do.

What? That’s insane! I have a panic attack if I saw that on my pants! What a terrible way to start spring. Some years seem to be worse than others. This year just seems to be one of those bad years. It’s a tick pandemic! And ticks are so hard to smash. I’ve smashed a tick literally like 50 times and it didn’t die. So I had my dad get the tick on concrete, he found the sharpest rock he could find and he ground it into the concrete. I seriously wonder what ticks purpose is? Lol
We always burn the ticks. We keep a metal container that had a candle in it, we pooped the candle out. We place the tick in the metal container and light a match, hold the match under the container, the tick will curl up and die.

I went through someone's front yard after visiting them, went to get in the car and had hundreds of microscopic little ticks all over my pants, legs and shoes. Was frantically spraying trying to kill them and rushed home and just threw myself in the shower. 😵
Ah! What a nightmare! If I was driving, the car probably would of crashed. There's no possible way I could even be in a car with one tick, say nothing about a bunch! The car that my family was in when they went fiddle heading in with the 40 ticks, it took me awhile before I'd even get in that car again. I wasn't even in that car when they had the ticks on them! The cedar tick spray has been worn like perfume on me, along with my bed. Ticks are my worse nightmare.

I literally just pulled a tick off of my black fluffy dog Sterling. I keep pulling ticks off of him. It's between 1-3 attached ticks a day! We got him a flea/tick collar for him, and it doesn't work at all! I hate ticks! And I'm sick of them! It's a really bad year for ticks. :(

Here's a link that I found. It talks about the same collar (Seresto) that I got for Sterling. It has a bunch of things that might be able to work instead.
https://welovedoodles.com/why-is-the-seresto-collar-not-working/#:~:text=There are several reasons, but,back of their body exposed.
my step father had a Pomeranian die because of flea collars, she got it in her mouth and ended up killing her. I would avoid using them. I suggest using either a chewable flea tick and mosquito treatment every month or using a topical solution every month, I have a lot of success with a topical advantage treatment with my dog.

Oh god I can’t imagine how horrifying that must have been! I would be panicking too. Ticks are the absolute worst!!

I definitely worry about ticks, but I also try to keep myself from over worrying. I suggest the same for others. Not all ticks carry lyme disease. Sometimes they are just a major irritation like the yellow fly bites I get every year at this time as well (which swell up like mini balloons on my legs and arms and itch like crazy for weeks).

Because 2021 is starting to look like a bad year for ticks, vigilance will be the key. Preventatives for pets (meds not just the collars), daily inspection for ticks and extra laundering. I think that's pretty much all you can do.
Yeah. I definitely need to stop worrying so much lol. I’m definitely going to get preventative and do extra checking for ticks on my dog and myself.

Back
Top Bottom