My dog just used my chickens as toys, need new ones now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
birdseed?
i have a whole bag of that..im going to try that later!
big_smile.png

Why can't you buy some peroxide and neosporin for them? I would NEVER sell chickens to someone who refused to even provide cheap/basic medical care to the ones they have. Sorry, just being truthful.

Uuum Just curious, did you guys read her other posts?
hmm.png
The reason I ask is, if I had chickens in their shape, they would not be still alive. I would cull them. I understand that she is having trouble with that, but maybe thay are long past saving and she knows it. I have had to shoot them before, and it is not fun.

She is asking for places to get new ones, not advice. Medical treatment for animals is a right when they need it, but it is not always beneficial.

I lost 7 to my dog before I found out what was doing it, so she has a head start on me!
hide.gif
It was a mistake, which, from reading the forums, I see alot of people have lost animals to mistakes. That is what happens when you are learning. Lets give her a break, and if you dont have animals for her, let her be.

No hard feelings,
smile.png
but I know I will probably get yelled at for this....

Have you looked on Craigslist in your area? Alot of people who post on Craigslist don't really care what kind of area the birds are going to...just that they're selling them.

Quote:
they arent in that bad of shape..a bit of cleaning up and maybe some bandaging and they would be ok.

Well said Warmfuzzies! You will not get yelled at by me, I agree with you... everyone makes mistakes and it does no good to judge a person when something horrible happens. I believe that Birdgirl said that her puppy was let out without her knowledge by her little girl... it isn't like she was negligent!

Birdgirl, I hope that your grandfather can give you some good advice with his years of experience... hopefully he will have some hope for your chickens but if not then maybe he can help euthanize them properly. Good luck darlin', I hope that your daughter isn't kicking herself for letting the pup out, I am sure she wouldn't have wanted this to happen any more than you did. Be blessed.
smile.png

I see what your saying, I just went back and saw that there were new pictures there.

I dont know what I would do, I guess it doesnt matter...
smile.png
But I do agree I would not be letting them suffer. I only know the one I had that was simular got infected, but betadine is a really good idea, all I had was peroxide. Is peroxide good? Or did I make it worse? Not to sabatoge the thread, I just wondered for future reference...

ETA I still would probably cull them myself... but I am just that way. I cant stand to let them suffer.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom