My dogs love to eat my chickens... food!

robbluther

In the Brooder
Jun 21, 2018
LIgonier, PA
This is a shot of our Gen1 Marge eating for the first time with our Gen2 Marge together with Rat. A puppy we are babysitting for our daughter. What you don't see are the other two dogs who go nuts over chicken food. All my dogs love chicken food!

3385406580755770370%253Faccount_id%253D0

One or both of my Puggles tore into and ate over half a brand new bag of dried meal worms when we were gone for a couple hours Wednesday. I had just bought the bag, so they were sitting by the back door in my kitchen. Now that I know they'll eat them I'll never leave them out like that again. My puggles are 9 and 11 years old and also love eating chicken and rabbit poop (it's gross).

I'm a lifelong dog lover but, I would draw the line. NO chicken feed, meal worms etc. for any dogs/cats. Just because they will gobble it down doesn't mean it's healthy for them.
I used to breed dogs a million years ago and I supervised them like I would children. They would eat anything/everything if I didn't prohibit them. Once I found a dog with my mother's dentures in her mouth. Even though my mother was quick to rescue them, she said it never happened. UGH!

My dog doesn’t do this.
He doesn’t like anything I give the chickens unless it’s protein (not mealworms), corn cobs or cabbage.
It’s probably because his food is better than anything the chickens would ever get lol.

Back
Top Bottom