@Isaac 0 @Miss Lydia
Wow! When I opened this thread my first thought was, "no way...". This definitely isn't a common trait for any breed of duck. Hatcheries tend to have owler quality birds, so off leg colors and little details are common, but this is completely new.
The only feathers I see are on the top/side of the food in the last photo. Is that were your seeing the feathers on all your other ducks?

Ah, yours didn't have any at all present? Even if they didn't, I find all the welsh very cute and pretty.
No foot feathers, mine were Metzer origins. I love welshies, plan to get more once I grow out my saxonys and possibly get some calls l.

@Isaac 0 @Miss Lydia
Wow! When I opened this thread my first thought was, "no way...". This definitely isn't a common trait for any breed of duck. Hatcheries tend to have owler quality birds, so off leg colors and little details are common, but this is completely new.
The only feathers I see are on the top/side of the food in the last photo. Is that were your seeing the feathers on all your other ducks?
Yes, that last photo with the foot is definitely what I am seeing in all my other ducks. When I received these babies, I was just wow, my first ducks ever are here. Nothing out of the ordinary was seen in them. It's only when they got to be around a month old was when I noticed this popping up in all my duckies which has me a bit amazed. I was at the very most expecting what you were basically saying! But feathers on the legs? I was never suspecting this kind of trait at all. Not once.

Yes, that last photo with the foot is definitely what I am seeing in all my other ducks. When I received these babies, I was just wow, my first ducks ever are here. Nothing out of the ordinary was seen in them. It's only when they got to be around a month old was when I noticed this popping up in all my duckies which has me a bit amazed. I was at the very most expecting what you were basically saying! But feathers on the legs? I was never suspecting this kind of trait at all. Not once.
Its really neat! You got lucky ducks hahah!

No foot feathers, mine were Metzer origins. I love welshies, plan to get more once I grow out my saxonys and possibly get some calls l.
Ah, I was considering Metzer but I chose McMurray first. I might be doing Metzer next year for other breeds or to get a welsh drake as well. Feathers was the least expected thing to have been suspected amongst these breeds I've been looking into!

Its really neat! You got lucky ducks hahah!
I most certainly did! Which has me very excited to see how they turn out when they get older. I really want to have more of this feather trait. I really thought this was something only seen in chickens and pigeons, doves other birds etc... I have several chickens, some purebred light brahmas and mixed brahmas all of which have feet feathers. I hope to get cochins next. But now? Ducks with feet/leg feathers is just my newest craze cause wow.

Back
Top Bottom