My ducks aren't eating.

GoldiLaced

Chirping
Feb 22, 2019
Colorado
I just got two eight week old ducks and I don't think they've eaten any of the food I've given them, only bell peppers. I'm really worried and I don't know how to make them eat. They're in a small pen with no plants as well (I'm going to move them, they're just not big enough for the Drake right now), and they're kind of scared of me so I can't let them roam. But I'll pick plants for them later. Other than that, any ideas? They don't seem sick, and they're being fed layer pellets because it's all I have.

They are maybe stressed? They had a sudden change in environment. They have to get used to you, their new housing, new noises, and even the whole layout of the place. They may just be scared as everything that they were familiar with is now gone. Hunger may be the last thing on their mind right now. They're probably thinking that they are in danger- which I'm sure could be far from the truth. They need to acclimate to their new environment, and they will be fine within a week I'd say. If they aren't eating they may have a bug.

It's more than likely the sudden change in environment. When I bought peacocks, some of them would not eat the first couple of days while they were at their new home.

Hope this helps. 😃

Back
Top Bottom