My ducks arnt laying! HELP

DuckPan

Chirping
5 Years
Jun 15, 2014
Oklahoma Yee Hah
My ducks have not been laying, In the past 2 weeks I have only gotten 12 eggs from 13 females and 3 males. I live in Oklahoma, they are a year old. I'm losing a lot of money without selling the eggs.

My ducks have not been laying, In the past 2 weeks I have only gotten 12 eggs from 13 females and 3 males. I live in Oklahoma, they are a year old. I'm losing a lot of money without selling the eggs.
They do have to take breaks periodically or their bodies would break down especially with the calcium they need to produce those eggs your selling.
They'll get back into it in the mean time feed them as good of quality feed layer or all flock with plenty of oyster shell on the side and lots of good greens. They will be back to laying soon.

Did they suddenly stop laying, or have they not really started up again after winter? What kind of food/supplements are they getting?

Did they suddenly stop laying, or have they not really started up again after winter? What kind of food/supplements are they getting?
they are getting 16% crude protein Food. And free ranging every day. Umm let's see, they started laying 80% through the winter and at the end of February and the start of March i was getting 11 - 13 eggs a day.

They do have to take breaks periodically or their bodies would break down especially with the calcium they need to produce those eggs your selling.
They'll get back into it in the mean time feed them as good of quality feed layer or all flock with plenty of oyster shell on the side and lots of good greens. They will be back to laying soon.
okay, thank you!

Back
Top Bottom