My Eye Color...

Green is possiable from brown over blue (there are 2 layers of eye pigment, if the front is pale brown and the back a strong blue the color reflected is green). My eyes are a shage of green normally seen in colored contacts and no where else.
big_smile.png

My daddy's are DARK brown. Momma's are light blue. We are all hazel w/green Go figure!

We do have a geneies,geniestna, genie, well heck! person who works with genes don't we?? think I was it on the college education thread

Quote:
I really WAS the milkman's daughter.....a running joke in our family (my Dad worked for a milk company my whole childhood). And as if mine and my brother's brown eyes weren't enough, my brother got RED hair!!!!
gig.gif
all these brunettes everywhere and his red hair. Genetics are a funny thing!

We always said my sister belong to the mailman. He had red hair like she did

Both my parents had light color eyes, blue and green. I have mud brown eyes and my brother and sister both have dark greenish hazel eyes. My husband has brown eyes and one of my children has chocolate brown eyes. The other kid has blue/green/grey eyes. His eyes are as changeable as the sea, and are mostly a pale blue grey that picks up colors around him. Eye color is complicated and wonderful. Just like hair and skin there are many different factors involved; which gives us the wonderful variety that people are.

Wikipedia has a great site with eye color pictures. One of my son's teachers had cat colored yellow/green eyes. Lovely and unexpected.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eye_color

http://www.athro.com/evo/inherit.html

The second one is a color calculator based on what you think the genes might be. It is sort of interesting, but you need to get the child count up kind of high to see all the possiblities. This just means that the chances for a child with those eye colors are smaller.

Last edited:
Actually it is perfectly possible to have a child with brown eyes. Brown is dominant. But in my own family my mother had brown eyes, my father had blue, but both myself and my brother have blue eyes.

It is clear that my mother had a mix of Brown and blue genes.

My son is of mixed race and even his eyes are not dark brown as you would expect, he has hazel eyes.

Maybe it is something wierd in our Scots Irish Celtic Genes, but despite an ethnic mix up on many levels in our family the blue seems to come through.

There are so many genes that influence eye colour not just one, remember that Liz Taylor had violet eyes. Many people have strange colour mixes.

I knew someone once with one blue eye and one brown. they would have been burned for witchcraft 200 years ago. lol.....

Don't doubt your heritage, but one day you will find where the mix up comes from. Someone somewhere in the past had brown eyes.

My husband has five brothers. 1, 3 & 5 have dark hair and brown eyes. 2, 4 & 6 have blonde hair and blue eyes. 1, 2 & 3 were born in Texas and 4, 5 & 6 were born in California. My husband and I both have brown eyes and dark brown/black hair. My girls have hazel eyes and my BIL's light brown hair. Weirder yet, my dad was blonde with blue eyes up until he was 6 years old, and then both turned to brown. I swear he's not from this planet.

Quote:
Yikes, I can't even process that response. I think sometimes no answer is a better option as opposed to one that could end up potentially life shattering.
ahem,...Now about the chickens...

Quote:
This is pretty interesting. My only child with brown eyes is not of mixed race and his bio donor (the ex husband) had very light hazel eyes. His eyes are almost black. It is almost impossible to distinguish between the iris and pupil. In fact, he was BORN with dark brown eyes which is almost unheard of in Caucasian babies.

I actually tried telling them he couldn't be mine when they showed him to me. LOL I told them he was beautiful but it was just impossible. Now he looks just like me so I suppose he was. LOL

My third DDs eyes were brown when she was born too. I still wonder if my DH wonders... Everything you read says she couldnt be his. Except that article, which I sent to my MIL, SIL and my mom.
lol.png

Back
Top Bottom