My favorite pullet is acting funny!!

Chickenfeet

Songster
11 Years
Jan 12, 2009
Cleveland, Ga.
I have a Silkie who unfortunately has come down with crooked neck. She is holding her own. In a separate pen i have a 4 month old pullet,Barred Rock mutt. I absolutely love her. Went to feed her today and she is doing that crazy neck thing. My question is, is crooked neck contagious? She was absolutely wonderful last night. She is in a pen with a Delaware pullet , 4 EE Pullets and 1 EE roo. All the same age. Could she be getting picked on? She eats and drinks fine. Poo is normal. When I open the pen, she usually jump right out on my arm . Today she just looked at me.

I have a cooked neck chick. I had posted asking advice, and it was suggested to give him infant liquid vitamins- a drop or 2 twice a day. I've only been giving him the vitamins once a day but it seems to be helping. It might be wishfu thinking, but his neck doesn't seem as twisted.
From what I have read, it is not contagious.I got the impression it was a vitamin deficiency, and mostly in chicks.
Hopefully someone with a lot more experience will chime in with better advice!

Generally, yes, twisted neck is a vitamin deficiency, don't remember which one. Though there are a few very rare diseases that cause it. So probably, you need to feed that vitamin stuff to your whole flock.

Thanks to everyone!! I will give it a try!!
fl.gif

Back
Top Bottom