My First Egg!

Pandamazing

In the Brooder
Apr 13, 2019
West Michigan
D61564FE-0D7C-4E38-9F02-E363EABECA31.jpeg
I have 8 Pullets, about 19 weeks old. 2 of each, Buff Orpington, Australorp, Light Brahma, and Easter Eggers. I noticed one of my Buffs acting weird going in and out of the coop several times this morning. I did some research and realized she might be close to laying, so I immediately got my nesting boxes ready and added the fake eggs. After a couple of hours I heard her squawking so I ran outside and... nothing! I came back inside and continued with research to see what I need to do. A couple more hours go by and my husband gets home and says he’s going to feed the chickens a banana, so I go outside with him to tell him I think they might be close to laying and... BAM! First egg!! I was so excited!! Also, I feel like I have some sort of sixth sense! :celebrate

View attachment 1858465 I have 8 Pullets, about 19 weeks old. 2 of each, Buff Orpington, Australorp, Light Brahma, and Easter Eggers. I noticed one of my Buffs acting weird going in and out of the coop several times this morning. I did some research and realized she might be close to laying, so I immediately got my nesting boxes ready and added the fake eggs. After a couple of hours I heard her squawking so I ran outside and... nothing! I came back inside and continued with research to see what I need to do. A couple more hours go by and my husband gets home and says he’s going to feed the chickens a banana, so I go outside with him to tell him I think they might be close to laying and... BAM! First egg!! I was so excited!! Also, I feel like I have some sort of sixth sense! :celebrate
So exciting!! Congratulations :)

Back
Top Bottom