My first ride in an ambulance...

Camelot Farms

Chickenista
10 Years
Jun 5, 2009
VA,TN,NC Tri-State area
What a day!

Went to my GP cause my new heart meds werent working. My rate had been 100 plus for 4 days.

I was feeling pretty crappy.

She decides to do an ekg. No problem. Tech takes readings and 5 minutes later I have oxygen in my nose, an aspirin ground up between my teeth and a nitro under my tongue and I can hear the EMS.

All I remember her saying is something about a bockage. I am there alone and now in total panic.

EMS is great. But ambulance breaks down on the way. They manage to get us back up and running and to ER.

Wires and tubes and needles and whatever else you can imagine is all done within 5 minutes and some nitro paste for good measure.

3 hours later, they determine that my heart is fine, other than the tachycardia and they give me some new meds to replace the Cardizem.

So I am home, in bed and very sleepy. What a day!

th.gif

Glad you are ok. Take it easy and REST!

Holy smokes Batman!
ep.gif

After all that you really do need a rest!

I had an EKG to get ready for my surgery and it said "probable myocardial infarction" - heart attack - and that my heart was damaged! I told 'em well I sure missed the event. The nurse said that sometimes the machine 'over-interprets' what the data means and so you end up with an episode like yours.

That's just crazy!

Anyway, I'm glad you are OK!

How traumatic! Be sure to MAKE yourself rest!
hugs.gif

I got an ambulance ride 2 weeks ago for slipping and falling while dancing, and landing on my face (unconcious for 2 minutes and multiple facial fractures). It only cost $680 for a 5 minute ride
ep.gif

Hope you feel better soon!

Back
Top Bottom