My Flock Journey

Pics
Introducing Squishy:
My extremely small Light Sussex. I have read that it will probably be special needs. Unsure of its sex yet. But it is every every cute and sweet.
It just eats and minds its own business. But seems extremely happy little chick.
My nieces named this chick and insisted it have a different name then food theme lol and this chick is the girls favorite.
20180909_132906.jpg
20180909_132920.jpg
20180909_133008.jpg

Attachments

• 20180909_132906.jpg
    20180909_132906.jpg
    318.2 KB · Views: 3
  • 20180909_132920.jpg
    20180909_132920.jpg
    843.8 KB · Views: 3
  • 20180909_133008.jpg
    20180909_133008.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 3
Introducing My Black Australorp Cockerel:
This is my Black Australorp Cockerel. He hasn't got a name yet so please feel free to make some suggestions (food themed).
So I let them out for a walk around today and he decided his going to be free ranged now. Took us 3 hours to catch him! But anyways his reunited with the other chicks now.
20180909_133220.jpg
20180909_133244.jpg
20180909_133242.jpg

Introducing My Black Australorp that had the sore leg:
I think its going to be a hen but please correct me if you think it maybe a cockerel. It doesn't have a name yet either so please make some suggestions.
In regards to the sore leg. Its walking around and moving it perfectly but sits down to rest it a bit too. But other then that im happy with the way it has started to heal.
Also, its a really nice bird.
20180909_134415.jpg
20180909_141614.jpg

Shes absolutely beautiful!!!! So the name Hazel must mean that they are survivors. I adore my girl. Shes allowed to do whatever she would like to do. How many do you have in your current flock?

Your hazel is a lovely girl, I can see why she gets what she wants! :p
Right now I have 10 hens and one bantam Cochin roo. It’s a fun backyard flock, and I already have a list of other breeds I’d like when we eventually move and have room for more...:lau:th

I think you’re right about your three chicks that you think are cockerels. They look like they definitely have more comb development than the others. I’ve also heard that Rhode Island’s are notorious for being mean! My husband had a Rhode Island White as a kid, and he said he had to carry a broom to fend off the roo every time he went out to the pen. Apparently his roo met an untimely demise when he escaped and attacked a tractor lawnmower out in one of the fields! Anyway sounds like you might have some nice guys with your Sussex & australorp at least.

Your hazel is a lovely girl, I can see why she gets what she wants! :p
Right now I have 10 hens and one bantam Cochin roo. It’s a fun backyard flock, and I already have a list of other breeds I’d like when we eventually move and have room for more...:lau:th

I think you’re right about your three chicks that you think are cockerels. They look like they definitely have more comb development than the others. I’ve also heard that Rhode Island’s are notorious for being mean! My husband had a Rhode Island White as a kid, and he said he had to carry a broom to fend off the roo every time he went out to the pen. Apparently his roo met an untimely demise when he escaped and attacked a tractor lawnmower out in one of the fields! Anyway sounds like you might have some nice guys with your Sussex & australorp at least.

I think so too. Ohhh really? I hope I dont need a broom too!
My partner and I have agreed to keep one rooster so at the moment they are all on a trial lol. At the moment I want to keep the Light Sussex Cockerel because his sweet to me and the chick thats really small.

Back
Top Bottom