My Flock Journey

Pics
Hi Everyone,
I have 8 Australorp chicks that I purchased at 2 weeks old. They are now 29 days old. I will be posting my journey here. As we just moved to 10 acres and will be letting our chickens free range. And may need advice on the journey ahead.
Hope to hear from you all.
Aawww they are so cute I have 20 free range Banty's and the next generation in a pen almost ready to join the free rangers!

Update on my chicks (moving to the big coop day):
Tonight all of my chicks but my little Light Sussex and the Black Australorp with the sore leg have now moved in with Hazel!
Hazel doesn't look too impressed but.
Squishy and the Black Australorp with the sore leg will stay in the brooder until the Black Australorps leg is a bit better. Its healing really well. Then the little Light Sussex might be a bird that comes inside and spends time with us and the dog as it wont get up and down the coop ramp to eat so it wont be able to go in with the others.
20180910_180752.jpg
20180910_180758.jpg
20180910_180808.jpg
20180910_181101.jpg

Update on my chicks (moving to the big coop day):
Tonight all of my chicks but my little Light Sussex and the Black Australorp with the sore leg have now moved in with Hazel!
Hazel doesn't look too impressed but.
Squishy and the Black Australorp with the sore leg will stay in the brooder until the Black Australorps leg is a bit better. Its healing really well. Then the little Light Sussex might be a bird that comes inside and spends time with us and the dog as it wont get up and down the coop ramp to eat so it wont be able to go in with the others. View attachment 1530129 View attachment 1530130 View attachment 1530131 View attachment 1530132
Aw, so glad that everything's going well! Well, she'll just have to get used to it won't she?;)

Heat Lamp is off:
Tonight the chicks that are in with Hazel have no heat lamp as we only have 1 and their coop is enclosed so no breeze.

Also, the heat lamp decided that Squishy and the Black Australorp don't need a heat lamp either when the bulb decided to blow when all the shops are closed.

It hasn't been as cold during the nights lately but I will post an update in the morning. I just checked on the chicks in the brooder they are just cuddled uo sleeping.

Heat Lamp is off:
Tonight the chicks that are in with Hazel have no heat lamp as we only have 1 and their coop is enclosed so no breeze.

Also, the heat lamp decided that Squishy and the Black Australorp don't need a heat lamp either when the bulb decided to blow when all the shops are closed.

It hasn't been as cold during the nights lately but I will post an update in the morning. I just checked on the chicks in the brooder they are just cuddled uo sleeping.
I actually got this notification!! :wee :wee :ya :ya :ya :woot :woot

Back
Top Bottom