My Flock Journey

Wow your Black Australorp is beautiful! I hope mines that pretty! Yeah you can brag you know someone in Australia lol I do share stuff on her that isn't just chicken ralated too so please free free to follow and share your flock and any updates too.
We all love a chat too.
Thank you... she is very sweet too.. sweeter than the blue.

One day I'll have my rainwater catch system designed and installed. But I need to learn a lot more about pumps and floats... Learning how to operate the equipment to Make/clean up swales and ponds... I live on the side of a mountain, so I can gravity feed water down below the barn, but in the end I need my primary storage to be up top, so I can gravity feed to my pastures. I have a friend with a half dozen 1 acre ponds about 200' down from the top to catch winter run off and spring rains. As you follow his roads, he's got a 5 gallon bucket buried about every 100 yards with a T, on/off valve and quick disconnect.

Carrying 5 gallon buckets up hill is not fun...

We bought water today it wasn't too expensive but hopefully we don't have to do that much. Do yous get much rain?

Update on my garden/plants:
Trimmed our fruit trees back and gave them some love. So far I know we have Lemons, Limes and Bananas out of our 5 fruit trees. Really starting to embrace the acreage life.
20180916_140739.jpg
20180916_140742.jpg
20180916_140753.jpg

Ohhh hope you are feeling better soon. Its the season for it. We had 10 people call in sick on Monday we were so short staffed it wasn't funny.

And your flock is happy and healthy thats the main thing. I just woke up and I think my partner is playing with the chickens already.

Do you have other pets?
We have our chickens, one cat, and two little fish

Back
Top Bottom