My Half Silkie half Maran chick Thor :3

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by EvyCrystal, Aug 19, 2011.

1. EvyCrystal

EvyCrystal Out Of The Brooder

Aug 8, 2011
    South Texas
    here he is as a new born [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    he was the first one to hatch out of the group :3 Right now I have about 15 chicks x3 ! I got about 4 Silkie/Maran chicks [​IMG] !

Here Thor now, he about 1 week and 2 days old now :3

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

It seems the feathers growing out are normal and not silkie : < but still I really want to see what these Silkie/Marans will look like :3

2. LittleDarlings

LittleDarlings Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 14, 2011
    Madison, GA
    Omg!! He is adorable!! Maybe after he's all grown up, if you cross him with a Silkie, you might get the feathers you want...just a thought! [​IMG]

3. EvyCrystal

Aug 8, 2011
    South Texas
    that would be awesome! Idk what Thor is yet, I only have one silkie which is his mom D: hopefully I can get my hands on more Silkies x3

4. EvyCrystal

Aug 8, 2011
    South Texas
    Thor is getting more feathers and looks really goofy, his tail feathers are coming in and look really fluffy like a silkie!! LOL

5. Falcon61

Falcon61 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 5, 2010
    Probably wants a sweet and sour croissant or truffle egg rolls......

Very cute.

6. EvyCrystal

Aug 8, 2011
    South Texas
    LOL
    thanks, I'm going to get a photo of him soon again x3 !

7. Ole rooster

Ole rooster Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 25, 2011
    Milner, Georgia
    I don't quite see the excitement with the silkies. Are there eggs larger and sweeter of just what is the attraction?

8. EvyCrystal

Aug 8, 2011
    South Texas
    Silkie eggs are small small, I love them cause of the way they look. I love how fluffy they are, and make great brooders/mothers. I just really enjoy that breed of chicken <3

9. EvyCrystal

Aug 8, 2011
    South Texas
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Here are more photo of the growing Thor!!! He is going to be 3 weeks old!! [​IMG] LOL I can't help but giggle at his tail feathers <3

10. EvyCrystal

Aug 8, 2011
    South Texas
    Whew! It been about 6 months from my last post about Thor!
    Thor was part of a nice group of 16 chicks, and I sold 13 of them and kept 3 which were half Silkie/Maran.
    Than it turn out Thor is a hen and not a rooster! Oh gosh! But one of the other 3 I kept was but sadly he pass away from an unknown reason, but I now still have Thor and her sister who hasn't gotten a name yet, but she was the last one to hatch out of the 16!
    Sadly their mother Silkie Mama has pass away from getting sick after it got cold and rainy. I'm very upset about that, she was my only silkie :(

[​IMG]
    RIP Silkie Mama.

[​IMG]
    I wanted to show the father.

These are photos of the now Thor!! (sorry about the bad photos . . . phone you know?)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Here Thor's Sister.

[​IMG]

I love how fluffy they look! Thor has that lovely gold and bread! While her sister all blackish with no bread. They are just really cool and cute looking chicken! :D
    But sadly I lost the mother so now I need to try and get some more silkies if I can. I really hope I can T_T !!! I really want to breed more of these cool guys.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by