My hen is acting like a rooster?!

I guess I was hoping that it was just a hen trying to act like the rooster. In my research, I had read some articles that said it was possible. :D

I have a hen turned rooster bc of a ovary issue, her feathers grew rooster feathers after molt, her crest grew, she screams out a weird crow, but she has never mounted anything or anyone, bc that instinct isn't in her bc she is/was a hen.

At that young of age crowing and mounting I'd say 99.999% rooster

P.s. this is my opinion :)

My Alfa female who has been bred before will jump on the backs of my newer hens. She’ll jump not pump.
Once they learn to bow their heads in submission she no longer jumps their backs. My now 7 month olds have no clue what’s going on. But they know she’s boss and the queen of their universe. Ya got yourself a juvenile Roo. Be careful as they can strip feathers and injure your hens.

chickens if they don't have a Roo one of the hens will turn into a Roo
:lau:lau:lau
So if I only have a few hens and no rooster and one turns into a rooster then I rehome it then what?
No rooster so the next hen turns into a rooster then I repeat. Seems I'm gonna run out of hens soon.

It is
Not true that a hen will turn into a rooster if you don’t have a Roo. Just putting that out there. Fact. Females can exhibit rooster-like behaviors it’s been reported that some crow-like squawk.
Just don’t want someone to think they transform into a male. And yes a hen with high testosterone due to a reproductive problem can exhibit rooster like quality’s.
So kids....a hen cannot change into a rooster.

Here is one of my "girls" from Meyer at about 15 wks old. Looks a lot like yours and it is a rooster.
white-rock-roo.jpg

Back
Top Bottom