My little Hope is home

ninjapoodles

Sees What You Did There
11 Years
May 24, 2008
Central Arkansas
A bit of good news in the middle of an otherwise craptastic month here:

My good girl Hope (CH Renaissance Hopeful Impulse) returned home from her co-owner in Indiana this week. Gosh, it's good to have her back, even if it means we now have SEVEN poodles in the house instead of six.
tongue.png

When she first flew off to Indy, it was to be bred to her gorgeous, champion grandsire. My friend, the co-owner, kept her there and whelped that litter for herself. Hope was then to be bred back to the same dog, and sent home to me, pregnant, so that I, too, could have a litter of that cross, which is the reason we got this girl in the first place. Sadly, that first litter was the sire's "last hurrah," it seems, and even though they tried for the next two cycles, no luck.

So our sweetie has been gone a long time! She didn't appear to have forgotten anyone, though. After greetings, she returned to her usual spot in the middle of our bed, wearing her usual expression of entitlement.
big_smile.png

Here she is finishing her championship back in her heyday.

74584221_885bb168ef.jpg

And here is her more normal appearance, in her "play clothes," outrunning her tongue.
tongue.png

102699405_5fd9f47173_o.jpg

GUESS which haircut we prefer!!!
wink.png

Awww, that's sad....no more puppies....although I must admit, I'm not a big fan of poodles, I like the big meaty dogs.....all puppies are cute, for the most part LOL!!! So are u gonna get her bred???

No more puppies for the elder statesman, but we do own his champion son, who is, if I say so myself, gorgeous. We may go for one last litter for Hope, sometime next year. We only breed when we want something for ourselves, to show, but we have a pretty full house right now and two young ones that have yet to get into the ring.

Personally, I've never met the breed of dog I didn't like. I love them all! I never get tired of watching all the Groups at dog shows. But poodles are just our passion. Though we only breed and show the minis, we also have two standards who are just pets (the younger one is in bird-dog training). The huge bonus for us with this breed is NOOOO SHEDDING. We're both so allergic, we'd be miserable with a "regular" breed.

And yeah, puppies are good.
wink.png

79161783_3731f67dea.jpg

92384505_a8339018ed.jpg

151051654_5dd3b6a85c.jpg

This son of Hope's grew from a handful of cute, to an armful of hair, then to become a champion, shown by his owners who live in Alaska.

Back
Top Bottom