Pics
Umbrellas are absolutely off-limits here.
But that I can understand...
I am sure that looks like an aerial predator to them.
The cayugas are still a little bit scared of a feed sack.
But the tiny little calls. .you can barely walk in the palace with a sack of feed they are all over your feet. I have to scoot my feet along for fear of stepping on one of them.
Tiny piranhas They are!
So umbrellas will help protect us from dux attacks?

Umbrellas are absolutely off-limits here.
But that I can understand...
I am sure that looks like an aerial predator to them.
The cayugas are still a little bit scared of a feed sack.
But the tiny little calls. .you can barely walk in the palace with a sack of feed they are all over your feet. I have to scoot my feet along for fear of stepping on one of them.
Tiny piranhas They are!
UMBRELLA?!?! - You mean one of these stick like things where humon only have to push a button to blow it up? That's THE thermonuclear bomb in the duck's world! Instant wing-flapping, feather's flying around everywhere, horrrrified quacks and ducks on the wrong side of the fences.
Can only be topped with the flashlight of doom, an ominously dark blue stick that fires death rays to the ground that petrify every duck on impact. Run boyz and girlz! Run to the only safe place - which is your house dummies! If my ducks get me on the wrong side in the evening and refuse to go inside…

Last edited:
So umbrellas will help protect us from dux attacks?
:gig :lau Maybe!
Now Ralphie do us one favor and take the largest of your umbrellas to your henhouse and open it suddenly…
(He will be covered in chicken poop, loose bedding and busted eggs immediately! - But we won't tell him now, do we? :lau )

Last edited:
I have no clue why some things are so scary for ducks!
Big bulky bags scare the poop out of my ducks, even if they know that those contain yummy food! I grab a big blue bag of cat-food in my shack and the moment i come back out you hear a horrified QUACK!!! from one of the duckies and everybody screams away from that big blue monster in utter panic. Lining up at the fence they all watch me walking to the patio, opening the cat-food box, cutting off one edge of the big blue monster and pouring its content into the box. … Right when i start folding up the bag-monster to throw it into the trash, they all come running to the patio, demanding cat-food right now!
They know there are these yummy treats in that blue thing, but it still looks scary. And it is a confirmed fact that it has never eaten any duck. Ever!
And don't ask about those evil looking white bag-monsters that contain their pellets!
And then there are those BOSS monster-bags, just 40lbs in there but they're so huuuge! Any duck would get an immediate poop-shoot from seeing those!
On the other hand there are those sweet, cuddly straw bales … One of them could easily strike a duck dead when i drop it due to being pecked to death by ducks while carrying it from the shack to their house. But no fear of those. I keep the open one on top of the nest boxes and they love to pull out stalks while locked up. Like our (grand-)kids putting together a puzzle during beer-virus lockdown. (Really? Do kids still do that nowadays?! Guess i am naive… 😜 )
Duckies either love things instantly or they have a mortal fear that won't go away ever.
Me wearing a hoodie with the hood up because it is raining ducklings and chicks:
=> The axe murderer is coming, run for your life!
Hood is pulled down:
=> Great! Our humon servant is here to open the duck-master's door, release us and serve up cat-food treats!

One of the scariest things in my ducks' lifetime when they saw the new ducklings that would live with them when they grew up. What's more terrifying than a tiny fuzzy duckling?!
Only @duluthralphie would understand their fears :gig

One of the scariest things in my ducks' lifetime when they saw the new ducklings that would live with them when they grew up. What's more terrifying than a tiny fuzzy duckling?!
Only @duluthralphie would understand their fears :gig

There fears are well founded!

Here is the proper way to send your kids out into the world. Prepared for the dux apocalypse.
95F778E0-12E0-4917-A358-7944445678CF.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom