Pics
Your ducklings are so cute!!! ❤ ❤ It makes me so excited for the day when mine hatch!!! Can't wait to have some ducklings again!!! Yours are already getting to the adult stage but really do enjoy the little years while it last...they go by so fast. I have 2 yr old ducks and when I see baby pics it makes my heart ache!! Can't wait to watch these little guys grow up!
Thank you! My sweeties are 3 1/2 weeks old, but it seems I’ve had them forever.

So, this just happened during tonight’s tub time. I apologize for my snickering, but I couldn’t help myself. What Scaredy Cats! The duckies were not making a peep!

I thought I’d better remove the “monster” from the water before they all died from a heart attack.
How could you contain yourself? :lau :gig
That monster is now officially named »Sponge Quack«! 😂
I could not stop laughing!!!

It’s got to warm up just a wee bit more before I give them access to a big body of water. We have had very windy days here lately that has made it on the chilly side. They do play in the little pans of water that I put in the pen with them, but not like they would a full blown kiddie pool. Golly Gee Whiz - I can't wait. And anyway, they need a night night bath, don’t they?
You can't bathe a duckling too much! 😏
And there's never enough water for a duck! 😆
Except for my cowards that are afraid of the pond… 🤷‍♂️

How could you contain yourself? :lau :gig
That monster is now officially named »Sponge Quack«! 😂
I could not stop laughing!!!
I was hoping this would happen again. Sponge Quack (I love it!) pulled that very sponge off once before and when she did, she flipped over backwards into the water. It was funny, but she was really the only one that noticed the sponge, so it wasn’t as funny as this time. But THIS time, oh my stars! It was very hard for me not to burst out. I guess I was hoping for one or more of the ducks to attack the sponge. Tell me why they were scared sh**less by the sponge (nah, don’t think that’s actually possible:gig), but when MK throws one of his little dinosaurs into the water they attack it with the vengeance of a dux that Ralphie describes. :lau I guess they think the dino is a frog or something else edible!

These things never cease to make me laugh.

So, this just happened during tonight’s tub time. I apologize for my snickering, but I couldn’t help myself. What Scaredy Cats! The duckies were not making a peep!

I thought I’d better remove the “monster” from the water before they all died from a heart attack.
Aww how funny!

I was hoping this would happen again. Sponge Quack (I love it!) pulled that very sponge off once before and when she did, she flipped over backwards into the water. It was funny, but she was really the only one that noticed the sponge, so it wasn’t as funny as this time. But THIS time, oh my stars! It was very hard for me not to burst out. I guess I was hoping for one or more of the ducks to attack the sponge. Tell me why they were scared sh**less by the sponge (nah, don’t think that’s actually possible:gig), but when MK throws one of his little dinosaurs into the water they attack it with the vengeance of a dux that Ralphie describes. :lau I guess they think the dino is a frog or something else edible!

These things never cease to make me laugh.
I have no clue why some things are so scary for ducks!
Big bulky bags scare the poop out of my ducks, even if they know that those contain yummy food! I grab a big blue bag of cat-food in my shack and the moment i come back out you hear a horrified QUACK!!! from one of the duckies and everybody screams away from that big blue monster in utter panic. Lining up at the fence they all watch me walking to the patio, opening the cat-food box, cutting off one edge of the big blue monster and pouring its content into the box. … Right when i start folding up the bag-monster to throw it into the trash, they all come running to the patio, demanding cat-food right now!
They know there are these yummy treats in that blue thing, but it still looks scary. And it is a confirmed fact that it has never eaten any duck. Ever!
And don't ask about those evil looking white bag-monsters that contain their pellets!
And then there are those BOSS monster-bags, just 40lbs in there but they're so huuuge! Any duck would get an immediate poop-shoot from seeing those!
On the other hand there are those sweet, cuddly straw bales … One of them could easily strike a duck dead when i drop it due to being pecked to death by ducks while carrying it from the shack to their house. But no fear of those. I keep the open one on top of the nest boxes and they love to pull out stalks while locked up. Like our (grand-)kids putting together a puzzle during beer-virus lockdown. (Really? Do kids still do that nowadays?! Guess i am naive… 😜 )
Duckies either love things instantly or they have a mortal fear that won't go away ever.
Me wearing a hoodie with the hood up because it is raining ducklings and chicks:
=> The axe murderer is coming, run for your life!
Hood is pulled down:
=> Great! Our humon servant is here to open the duck-master's door, release us and serve up cat-food treats!

WHATTTTTTT? A duck that’s afraid of a pond? That is absurd!
I tried to lurk them into the pool, using cat food. Blanca was the only duck that dared into the water, but only ½" deep, then she started growing a six foot long snake-neck to reach out to the yummy bits that were floating over deeper water…
The other ducks were only grabbing the treats they could reach from dry ground.
There were two pairs of mallards this year using the pond as a rest stop and they had no problem touching down straight in the middle and paddling around.
No clue why the pond looks so scary for my flock.

I have no clue why some things are so scary for ducks!
Big bulky bags scare the poop out of my ducks, even if they know that those contain yummy food! I grab a big blue bag of cat-food in my shack and the moment i come back out you hear a horrified QUACK!!! from one of the duckies and everybody screams away from that big blue monster in utter panic. Lining up at the fence they all watch me walking to the patio, opening the cat-food box, cutting off one edge of the big blue monster and pouring its content into the box. … Right when i start folding up the bag-monster to throw it into the trash, they all come running to the patio, demanding cat-food right now!
They know there are these yummy treats in that blue thing, but it still looks scary. And it is a confirmed fact that it has never eaten any duck. Ever!
And don't ask about those evil looking white bag-monsters that contain their pellets!
And then there are those BOSS monster-bags, just 40lbs in there but they're so huuuge! Any duck would get an immediate poop-shoot from seeing those!
On the other hand there are those sweet, cuddly straw bales … One of them could easily strike a duck dead when i drop it due to being pecked to death by ducks while carrying it from the shack to their house. But no fear of those. I keep the open one on top of the nest boxes and they love to pull out stalks while locked up. Like our (grand-)kids putting together a puzzle during beer-virus lockdown. (Really? Do kids still do that nowadays?! Guess i am naive… 😜 )
Duckies either love things instantly or they have a mortal fear that won't go away ever.
Me wearing a hoodie with the hood up because it is raining ducklings and chicks:
=> The axe murderer is coming, run for your life!
Hood is pulled down:
=> Great! Our humon servant is here to open the duck-master's door, release us and serve up cat-food treats!
Umbrellas are absolutely off-limits here.
But that I can understand...
I am sure that looks like an aerial predator to them.
The cayugas are still a little bit scared of a feed sack.
But the tiny little calls. .you can barely walk in the palace with a sack of feed they are all over your feet. I have to scoot my feet along for fear of stepping on one of them.
Tiny piranhas They are!

Back
Top Bottom