I’ve been meaning to post some more regarding these dang duck eggs today, but my broody hatched out all seven of her babies last night and this morning. Of course I’ve spent a good portion of the day up there with them.

And then to beat it all, there obviously was a little gust of wind that caught one of my umbrellas and caused one of my two remaining glass tables to shatter. This very thing happened on July 4th, 2018 shattering the first one. Now I only have one glass table. Yeah, I don’t think I’ll replace this last table with another glass one.

~~~~~~~~~

The last greenish egg I received was oblong, and when I cracked it Saturday (to bake a cake), it was a double yolker, but a strange one. Unfortunately I didn’t think to take a picture before I cracked it, but it looked weird.
View attachment 2285185

The double yolk looked fused. I’ve never seen one like that. View attachment 2285188

I just found a picture I took of the oblong green egg before I cracked it. I didn’t think I made one. It is the one on the bottom. The “clean” egg on top turned out to belong to one of my Olive Eggers. View attachment 2285195

So far I’ve not had any more green ones. This was what I found this morning. Can you see the little cream egg peeking through the straw? At least it wasn’t completely covered this time.
View attachment 2285200

I will patiently wait on my little green egg to return!
Those egg yolks look yummy!!! And i bet the cake was yummy too.
Your duckies will need a couple of weeks to adjust everything just right and then they will provide you with a continuous stream of large yummy, yolky eggs. They already have the size right, the larger egg is the normal size for a duck-egg (or you have small hands). 😜
And that nest is the typical location for a duck-nest: A corner, where she is protected on two sides.

I couldn't resist and asked my friend Google about »incubating chicks boobs« and yes, there were several threads here about that topic, but they mostly just faded away… Guess having a scrambled egg and sharp egg-shell shards at this part of your body is not a very pleasant experience.

I didn't want to offend the French, love their fries! (Even though those were invented in Belgium 😉) So changed the wording…

And no, that "genius" is not replacing his "eggs" with chicken eggs, it more looked like he pooped them out:
View attachment 2284625
This is totally ludicrous! That guy has absolutely no idea how nature works and this is just a stunt of a meaningless person who wants to draw some attention. This is like me announcing that i will connect West Virginia to the Atlantic. Using a toy shovel…
I’m going to assume that this happened before the pandemic, so we can’t even chalk it up to “well, someone got bored during quarantine...”?!?! 🤣🤣

Hmmmm, I’m not sure I could eat rabbit, I never have anyway. Ate squirrel dumplings once and didn’t care for those either.
Eating rabbit is a good recipe for a brawl at the lunch/dinner table: There is so little meat on these animals, you would have to cook one for each person. »Conejo con ajo« (rabbit with garlic) was one of my favorite dishes in Spain, but it is so much work to prepare this.

Those egg yolks look yummy!!! And i bet the cake was yummy too.
Your duckies will need a couple of weeks to adjust everything just right and then they will provide you with a continuous stream of large yummy, yolky eggs. They already have the size right, the larger egg is the normal size for a duck-egg (or you have small hands). 😜
And that nest is the typical location for a duck-nest: A corner, where she is protected on two sides.
The cake was extraordinarily delicious, more so than normal. :drool

:lau And, yes, my hands are very small. Only my hands and my feet though! Go figure! Who can I sue? :gig:gig

This morning I went up early to let the ducks out of their house. I had a minor hand surgery today and wanted them to have access to their run just in case it took longer than expected, which it did. Anyway, Hershey was sitting on the little nest and the other four were still asleep. When she got up there was only the one creamy colored egg. But, when I got home today and checked again, there was the little green/blue egg. So, I’m guessing that is the one Hershey lays.

I know it. I plan on getting back to it! I had surgery on my finger this past Tuesday and I’ve kinda been away from everything. It’s like when ONE part of your body hurts, the whole thing hurts kind of deal!

Just so y’all know, ducks can bite...like a shark too! Just look at this, four days after surgery. It looks terrible! And it hurts! Dang duck!
BB57AAAB-2FEB-45C8-9036-43DEA037C85D.jpeg

:lau :lau Not really! This is no duck bite. I had a cyst (from arthritis) that kept getting bigger and hurt like the devil.

Back
Top Bottom