Introduced the ducklings to their future temporary home yesterday evening, that duckling-box is getting a little bit too crowded, although it still works as a duckling tractor:
full

Anyways, i sat down at the the fence, the ducklings were sitting on the grass, falling asleep, the grown-ups were foraging around us, grasshoppers chirping and the sun was setting:
A really ducky evening!
Now I AM a simple girl, but that’s MY kind of peaceful evening!

And your video was definitely a peaceful evening until a loud mouthed quacker had her say about something.:lau

Now I AM a simple girl, but that’s MY kind of peaceful evening!

And your video was definitely a peaceful evening until a loud mouthed quacker had her say about something.:lau
That is Misty Duck, my raunchy teenage girl! - She behaves like a real b*tch at the moment: She teases the drakes until they start fighting with each other and when one of them jumps on her she screams bloody murder and tries to get away! :confused:
I hope that phase is over soon, as well as that phase where everything around her must be announced with a loud QUAAAK-WAAAK-WAAAK!!! - And trust me: A LOT must happen around her, because she announces something every freaking five minutes. :sick

I finally have returned from the dead and I’m sure after 5 weeks or so you have that new addition completed. I must check on your 2020 thread to see. 😁
Hi @Mimi13 what has happened? Why were you "dead"?
Yes, i have finished the duck-house extension and am now slowly moving the food and the water out of the house and i must build another automatic waterer and install it in the run, so that i no longer have to haul that five gallon waterer out and in.

Hi @Mimi13 what has happened? Why were you "dead"?
Yes, i have finished the duck-house extension and am now slowly moving the food and the water out of the house and i must build another automatic waterer and install it in the run, so that i no longer have to haul that five gallon waterer out and in.
I hear you ! I had to drag an upright waterer through what seemed like a swamp this morning :rant

I hear you ! I had to drag an upright waterer through what seemed like a swamp this morning :rant
It is not the weight, lifting five gallons is still ok for me, but the path to the duck-house entrance is bare loam and becomes slippery like soap when it is wet.
I need to rent another trailer and buy some pavers to build a path between our patio and the duck house to prevent accidents…

Back
Top Bottom