My NEW feeders!

Love your feeder! I am going to keep that in mind if I ever want new ones.
smile.png

Quote:
I made one using a bucket and lid I got from the bakerey at my local grocery store. The lids have a rubber ring tucked up where they clip onto the bucket.

I made 2 holes in the bucket about 1-2inches from the top, just below the rings on the bucket. For the top all you do it put it on the bucket and turn it upside down into a huge pan. I'm sure you could bolt the lid to the pan and then put it on the bucket and turn it upside down.

And to be honest, I found that automatic waterer to be a royal pain. I ended up just taking off the lid and filling up the bucket. My chickens drink out of it just fine and haven't fallen in or anything. I put a cement block and a 6x6 block next to it and they just climb up to drink. Now, if my girls were really little I wouldn't do this.

Quote:
I just put the holes near the BOTTOM of the bucket so that you don't have to turn it upside down. Just fill it and put the top back on. Makes it easier to carry, too. I don't have mine bolted. The weight of the water pretty much holds it in place.

Quote:
So this is what my husband has been talking about! He's been all over this sight getting ideas... I just started.

What are the bottoms made of? Water plates for a pot plant? They look a lot stronger than the ones I have seen around here?

Your feeder looks like something I could do myself. I love my husbands power tools, but I'm still a bit nervous around them. I worry that I'll lop a finger off or poke my eye out -
tongue.png

I've seen the ones at the store, but they look like something I would get mad at the first time I went to clean them. Your looks like easy filling and easy cleaning!

Thanks for posting your picture and sharing your information.

Quote:
My problem is that my husband works with power tools at work because he has to all the power tools at home are mine.....I like the feel of the power. I have to beg hubby to use my tools to do something.

Quote:
Oh boy ladysonja...you're hooked now.... welcome to the addiction that is BYC.

Glad you came on over! Hope you and hubby have 2 computers so you won't have to fight for BYC time!

Quote:
Oh boy ladysonja...you're hooked now.... welcome to the addiction that is BYC.

Glad you came on over! Hope you and hubby have 2 computers so you won't have to fight for BYC time!

I hit the hook, ate the sinker/bobber and all the line on this pole!
lol.png

I am so digg'n this site and all the information. I find myself trying to finish all my work (at work) to have 15 extra minutes checking out all the information on this site.

As for the power tools, I have learned how to pull nails, use a staple gun, mider saw and table saw... oh and my dad would be so proud - learned how to read a tape measure properly -
big_smile.png
The framing nailer is too heavy to hold up, so I leave that to DH.

Thanks for being so warm and welcoming!

Quote:
Yes you can....I just haven't figured out how to bolt them to the base. I could use a rubber washer or something as a seal, but in the event that the seal leaks it would be one heckuva mess. So instead, I just place the bucket and base on a couple paver stones inside the coop.

I bet you can just put a big rock in the bucket and on the tray. i don't think a chicken could knock it over.

That's awesome! Do you think that I could make one from a kitty litter bucket?

I think that I might try.. and decorate it to hide the Scoop Away picture!

Back
Top Bottom