My niece is HERE!!!!!!! UPDATE PICTURE

Rhett&SarahsMom :

still no news. I told my mom that she had better be able to get some info or I am going to be heading down.
Again, very happy I didnt have my dd there and had a scheduled c sect. No waiting around for info.

Geez, hard to believe you haven't heard anything yet. Ease up on the hospital staff, they could be short handed right now. Your BIL should have been keeping you posted. Thump him on the head! I hope all is well.
fl.gif

update: prayers please.

She had an emergency c sect. My niece in is NICU on antibiotics etc.
My sister saw her briefly before they took her away and hasnt seen her in nearly 4 hours. She had a reaction to what ever meds they gave her when they wheeled her into the operating room and isnt feeling well.

Reason the phone kept ringing in the room we called was they moved her. My BIL has been running between my sister and their daughter.
No idea what the her name is yet.
I am going to drive down tomorrow to be with my mom, who is also a mess. And with any luck will be able to see my sister and give her some hugs and encouragement.

I am calling my obg Monday am to update her(since she was my sisters original ob and thank her for being my doc and getting my daughter here with no complications.

Wow, lots of prayers going out for your sis and new niece and the rest of the family, hope she feels better and can see her daughter again soon.

Thanks for the update!

Nancy

I know she will be fine. So will the baby. Sometimes things like this happen (for the best) for Mom and Baby. My prayers are with you and your family.
hugs.gif

Just got back a bit ago.

Now. I have to start by saying I understand hospital security when it comes to infants. I understand patient privacy as well.
What I dont understand is why, as the sister of the new mom. Aunt of the little girl. I am not considered "immediate family"

The lady at the maternity "concierge" desk wasnt going to let me in to see my sister or new niece.
smack.gif

My mom was ok to go in. My sisters MIL would have been ok. But not me.
I looked point blank at the woman and asked her if it was a prison maternity ward. To which she promptly handed me a visitors pass and told me that if "anyone asked I was the other grandmother"
Yeah. BITE ME. I am the babies Aunt. I am BLOOD!

Baby is doing well. She is already a daddy's girl. Watching her look at my BIL and watch him was so cute. They already have her listening to Red Sox games. And my sister plans on taking her to a game this summer. Both my sister and the baby are on IV antibiotics. Both are running a "slight temp"

From what I understand she was slow to dilate. So they gave her Pitocin. As soon as they gave her it the baby's heart rate went up.
They let her stay that way a bit and gave her more Pitocin. Heart rate went up again. And then they gave my sister more Pitocin.
One would think.. that after the first TWO times and the baby's heart rate going up both times they would have STOPPED giving her it.
I told her her before she went in NOT to let them give her it.
Anyway. They gave her it one more time. Heart rate went up and they said "c sect". They then had a bit of a hard time getting her out. Why?
Because she was IN the birth canal quite a ways. Oh. And her umbilical cord was shorter than "normal" So short that they couldnt even get the cord blood from it.

So. Sis is not happy. And is in the hospital til Wednesday.

However Peyton is gorgeous. And I am not saying that just because she is my niece. My daughter is very excited to have a cousin. And might get to meet her for the first time next weekend. Provided my germ a phobe sister relaxes some.
roll.png
I see a BIG roll of bubble wrap in the kids future
big_smile.png

Introducing my niece Peyton. (no middle name yet)

DSCN0826.jpg

Back
Top Bottom