My Pet Chicken (Hatchery)

Discussion in 'Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries' started by djaousfarm, Jan 11, 2017.

1. djaousfarm

djaousfarm Just Hatched

Oct 30, 2016
    Hessel, Michigan
    Is it me, or is it kind of odd that the Hatchery "My Pet Chicken" takes pictures of Meyers Hatchery and sells their birds? Also, the prices are unbelievably high.

What are peoples experiences with the "My Pet Chicken" Hatchery?

2. N F C

N F C dem crazy bones Premium Member

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    I haven't personally ordered from MPC but it's my understanding they are a sort of "middle man"...they get chicks from various hatcheries and sell them. The only reason I haven't ordered from them isn't because of their chick prices (I don't think they're any better or worse than other places) but their shipping prices were too much for me.

A lot of folks have used them so hopefully someone will come along with more first hand info. Also, if you put My Pet Chicken in the search box, you'll find posts about them.

3. MasterOfClucker

MasterOfClucker Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 19, 2016
    Iowa
    I pre-ordered my chicks from them for next spring and i got 7 chickens and that cost was around 20$ then the shipping put it up to 70$.Besides that they supposedly have great customer service and there website is really easy to use.

4. Blooie

Blooie Team Spina Bifida Premium Member

Feb 25, 2014
    Northwestern Wyoming
    My Coop
    I like them a lot. I've had nothing but positive experiences with them, their customer service, and the accuracy of my orders. Alex, from @MyPetChicken has explained the relationship between them and other hatcheries very well. I'll see if I can find that post and share the link to it here.

5. orrpeople

orrpeople Overrun With Chickens

Jun 15, 2016
    Redding, CA
    When I was brand new to chicken ownership, I loved their site - tons of great info, very concise and well ordered. I also love their "how to tell a cockerel from a pullet" info better than any other. But, when I put together a possible order to check on price, shipping was astronomical (almost double my chick costs).

Last edited: Jan 11, 2017
  6. MyPetChicken

MyPetChicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 2, 2007
    My Pet Chicken and Meyer Hatcher have a partnership that allows us to ship from their facility. We do own our own flocks and sell many breeds that they do not carry.

Thanks for tagging me @Blooie

Please let me know if I can answer anymore questions.

Alex
    My Pet Chicken

eggup likes this.
  7. Blooie

Blooie Team Spina Bifida Premium Member

Feb 25, 2014
    Northwestern Wyoming
    My Coop
    Absolutely, Alex. Um, does this mean I can stop poking around looking for the thread where you explained that before? [​IMG]

8. MyPetChicken

MyPetChicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 2, 2007
    LOL yes you can stop digging for that post. I don't even know what thread it was on.

Alex
    My Pet Chicken

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by