My Pet Chicken?? ordering chicks?

Pattee, Did you get them yet!!?? Mine didn't come until this morning. However all 8 were chirping up a storm and seem very livley!! I was prepared to have a loss or two. I was thrilled to see all alive and well! I ran into town to get them while hubby cooked breakfast. When I got home we all gathered around the box on the kitchen counter and held our breath! All is good!! The only dissapointment that I had was I ordered 1 black silkie and one white silkie. I was sent 2 white ones. I orderd them sexed so they each cost me $10! I will let MPC know here in a few minutes. Over all though I am very happy!! I hope yours arrive safe and sound also, let us know!! Oh yea I just noticed you have a dentist appt today too!! Me too! I have to have a perm crown put over this temp one I had to get 2 weeks ago when my tooth just broke off!! Have a great day!

I did. I got mine yesterday! I wasn't supposed to get them until today so I wasn't quite prepared... My mail lady rang the door bell with peepers in hand. I too held my breath opening the box... all 11 survived! They even are alive this morning. Big Yea!
ya.gif

I did have to separate one, as the others were picking at her wing. Even bloodied it.

I wrote MPC last night with the question of the picking. I got a really great answer this morning from Lisa.. telling me what she'd do to help clean it and heal her. I've always had great luck with her and Stephanie.

I have one buff silkie and it's the littlest of the bunch have to watch her too. Then I have one that I can't find a picture of it on MPC? Mystery chick!

I'm having an implant
barnie.gif
put in couldn't have picked a worse time.

BTW I'm from Montana. Great Falls. Where abouts are you?

You too have a great first day with your chicks!

I am SO happy for you!! What a relief that they ALL arrived happy and healthy. I hope your little ones wing heals ok. How exciting to get them early! I live in Conrad! Only 45 minutes from Great Falls! Thats pretty neat that you are from there. I am from Havre. Do you Know where that is? Good luck at the Dentist!

Oh yep I know where Conrad and Havre are! I spent a lot of growing up wandering around Montana. I love Montana and would move back if I could afford to~

Good Luck to you too!

I am so happy that everyone is having a good experience with them. I wnat to order from them next spring. I wanted Black Australorps and Buff orps so bad. They local feed store were not getting them in however. Since these are my very first chicks DH convienced me to go with the feed store with a promise that if all goes well next year I can order 3 BA's and 3 Orps. However, since then I have found someone on this site who was VERY friendly and local. She is going to hatch some Orps for me to pick up when the have grown old enought to be sexed!!

So next year if no one local has sexed BA's I will be going with MPC!

Last edited:
smile.png
i ordered my chicks on 4/26 - they all said available to ship 5/12

this was the disclaimer when i ordered my chicks. does this mean the will email me within 5 days of placing my order or within 5 days of shipping?
hmm.png

* Chicks are shipped via Express Mail, but due to hatching availability your order may take up to 4 weeks to be fulfilled. We will email you within 5 business days confirming the ship date of your chicks as well as instructions for picking them up from the post office.

I ordered from MPC on April 21st. Just a small order: 3 Australorpes, 3 Barred PR, and 4 Boff O. Now I also saw on the web site where my order should be ready May 12th? I have gone back to MPC and see that they have no avaliablity on some breeds, some of mine included, until much later? I hope my order is included in the prior hatches!! I have sent an e-mail, well two actually, and no response on either. This is not very reassuring or good customer service in my opinion...

Believe me they do take a bit to get back to you via e-mail.
It can be annoying! I have chicks that are due to ship May 12th as well and two of them I wanted are not available until June.But they were available when I placed the order. So I told them to scratch those two and send me the rest. Then they wanted to subtitute and I told them no thank you. We shall see.
I work full time also and need to know that if they ship the 12th will they arrive the 13th
hmm.png
I have to let work know if I need next Tuesday off.

Jennym- they won't be able to tell you that. If it helps, they ship the chicks out of Ohio. They leave at 3pm on Monday. They will either get to you late Tuesday or early Wednesday. At least that's what they told me when they lost my order...
Some of it depends on your local PO. Mine gets a truck in at 6:30am and that's it for the day.
idunno.gif

ok so i got an email from mpc - my chicks will be shipped 5/27 (whick kinda sucks since i was expecting them to ship may 12) alas i am going out of town for a girls weekend may 30 so my mom and girls get to "chick sit" !
I want to cuddle my babies first!!! WAHHHHHHHHHHHH!

anyway at least they responded fast.

Back
Top Bottom