My Pet Chicken Pictures

Sydney33

Hatching
5 Years
Feb 18, 2014
I'm a little nervous about getting my chicks from MPC. So, does anyone have pictures of their chicks? I order BO, EE, Buff Brahma, and speckled sussex.

Last edited:
I'm a little nervous about getting my chicks from MPC. So, does anyone have pictures of their chicks? I order BO, EE, Buff Brahma, and speckled sussex.

I ordered from them and was very unsatified with the quality of them,did not have a good experience they made several mistakes 1 being wrong sex 1 being wrong breed and 1 arrived dead,I will say they did refund me for mistakes and dead one but after waiting for 2 months then receiving wrong breeds and sexes is very frustrating.Maybe the person who took the order or whoever shipped them was having bad day I don't know,hope you have better experience and get what you ordered good luck.

Like I said could have just been a bad day for them,just make sure you check them out carefully and call right away if there's a problem ill keep my fingers x for you good luck.

I just got my order of 15 chicks yesterday from MPC and 14 were dead :( The lone survivor is a silkie. MPC said they would re-ship but I can't go through that again and am going to a local chicken farmer today to get my silkie a couple of friends.

I pray that your order is ok. I am really mad at them (well the hatchery they got them from in Ohio), they definitely didn't treat my chicks as pets!

Here's my letter to them...
~~I called earlier today when we received our chick order. All except for 1 (the silkie) were dead after arriving to my post office in less than 24 hours. I am sending this email to hopefully prevent this from happening to other chicks and customers. The heating pad (large hand warmer) was loose in the box, on top of 3 chicks. It was still warm. Those hand warmers may be soft and pliable when first used but as the cool they harden like a rock. I'm assuming the 8 oz. hand warmer became a projectile stone that killed all the chicks. Also, when I received my chicks only 1 air hole was open on all 4 sides. 2 of the 4 air holes on top of the box were partially covered by the shipping stickers, they other 2 on top were completely covered. I think this really could have been prevented with securing the hand warmer under the bedding as well as opening up most of the air holes? Of course I am a first time chicken owner so I may be totally wrong. Please let the hatchery in Ohio know what they did wrong so they will not kill more chicks. The person who packed my chicks is Sarah H. I have included photo's for you. The 2 holes on each side of the box were punched out by me when I received the chicks. Also, thank you for refunding my money because I cannot imagine going through this again. The excitement, anticipation, shock and disappointment. Thank you for your website offering so much information about how to keep chickens as pets.

omg
hit.gif

I've had nothing but good luck w MPC. I've had 4 orders all over winter. One box was DOA but I'm sure it was the PO cause when I went to pick them up the box was actually cold.

All chicks have been the correct breed and sex so far!

First batch was 6 and all 6 were correct breed and sex. All healthy and no pasty butt.

Second was 5 and all 5 correct breed and sex. All healthy and no pasty butt.

Third box -5 DOA but I blame PO.

Last shipment 22 and all 22 correct breed. There are still a little young for me to confirm sex. 1 had pasty butt but was fine after a couple days and all 22 are healthy.

I've never had to give them grow gel or save a chick. All have arrived alert and have readily eaten and drank. Didn't even have to show them.

Now I've never ordered anywhere else for comparison but nothing but good experiences.

Back
Top Bottom