My pullet wont open her eyes. Has watery eyes and beak. Any ideas?

Thanks Sequel, It tore me up knowing that Jess was going to be cut open.​
:hugs I’m so sorry! You did the right thing though, for the rest of your flock and it helps the rest of us learn too. So think of it as her helping her own flock or future flocks you may have later. I know it is painful for you right now, especially after fighting so hard for as long as you did! You are an awesome chicken keeper!

Sounds like she needs started on antibiotics, got any pictures of her eyes? Swollen shut?
https://www.jedds.com/product-category/poultry/healthcare-poultry/medicine-poultry/This Doxy~Tyl is what I used on my sick pullet, she was right as rain in a few days, took longer to get all the dried pus out of her eye than it did to make her start acting right again. I used the eye ointment too, I just used regular triple antibiotic ointment or neosporin until the terramycin arrived.
View attachment 2026174View attachment 2026175View attachment 2026176
Thanks. I'm looking into those now

Since you have other chickens, the only choices would be to cull her or return her and have them put her down. Bringing in sick birds that can infect your flock is a nightmare, and it will perpuate a chronic illness on and on until every bird is gone. If she were yours all along and you chose to treat her, that would be your choice which many of us would support. But to bring in an already sick bird is not a good practice. X2 on reporting a store that sells sick birds.

Back
Top Bottom