My pullet wont open her eyes. Has watery eyes and beak. Any ideas?

Just be very careful about biosecurity and handling your others. It sounds like coryza, and I cannot blame the store not taking her back. They should however refund your money. Since she has been with you for 4 days, she probably started showing signs when the stress of the move caused symptoms. Any bird that you get from another place can be a silent carrier of who knows what, and stress may bring on symptoms or they may cause your own birds to get sick. I don’t add any new birds to my flock except for baby chicks from a hatchery or hatched by me. So sorry you are dealing with this.

I don't think this little lady is going to live long enough, for me to find someone, who can manage that deed. But I'm calling around now to verify.:hit Worst valentines day of my life!!
:hugs Shame on the store for selling sick birds, especially since California is experiencing an outbreak of Exotic Newcastle Disease.

I really hope someone can, and is willing, to help me, if I ever get this sick!
We gotcha back! Trust us....
I really do LOVE this little bird. No doubt about that!
How easily & quickly they wriggle their way into our hearts, huh?
Oh sure we will help you! As long as we have @casportpony to help us learn to tube feed you, @Kiki to tell us what to feed you, @Wyorp Rock and @Eggcessive to tell us how to treat your bedsores @dawg53 for your wormer dosage and @aart to draw up the plans for the ramp so you can roll up and down your stairs. We got this! :hugs
I'm a retired nurse, and I'm sure there are others with their particular skillsets that can fix you right up. I can wing it for a good while myself, lol! We are a community here for sure, scattered as we may be!

Very interesting turn of events today. That dying pullet with the scratched eye, didn't die...
Rather she started breathing better, and opened her bad eye to look at me as I gave her the honey water she can swallow. I'm thinking that's a start toward recovery. The eye didn't look damaged by her scratching it, but I'm no veterinarian, I cannot believe how much that little pullet want's to live! :confused:

So sorry. Please tell me that you will be taking her to the lab near you for a necropsy. :fl I wish I had one so close to me, and $20 for a thorough necropsy is something most people wish they had access to.
Yes, I am taking her body to the lab today.

My little pullet just died, after so many pain-staking days, of trying to feed her, and give her the right medications, she finally passed away. She only got weaker by the day.
My friends, I really did all I could to help that little one. So now, Rest in peace beautiful Jess.
I love you and will miss you dearly.
This thread has concluded. Thank you BYC friends for the support, during this time.
I'm sorry for your loss :hugs

Back
Top Bottom