my rooster has bumblefoot, i wanna know if it's infected one or non infection bumblefoot, if it's non infection what happends if dont treat it?

hmm, do you think the scales are that high because of the bumblefoot? are you saying mites are living in his leg? although i can do that, what if i don't apply olive oil on his leg? what will be the side effects of it?

scaly leg mites, not from bumblefoot. raised and missing scales, pain, lameness, possible loss of toes. why would you not treat him?

for the bumblefoot the soaking works well, it can make the necrotic part loosen so it can peel off. after awhile some manage to get the kernel of infection out that way so it can heal over properly.

scaly leg mites, not from bumblefoot. raised and missing scales, pain, lameness, possible loss of toes. why would you not treat him?

for the bumblefoot the soaking works well, it can make the necrotic part loosen so it can peel off. after awhile some manage to get the kernel of infection out that way so it can heal over properly.
I just wanted to know side effects, I searched up healthy rooster foot on Google and found some pictures of normal foot, gonna compare to mine Tommorow, so I put olive oil daily until the mites are gone? I guess they are sleeping under the scale hench it's opened high up like a door? About bumblefoot so I keep soaking his foot in Epsom salt water for 15 minutes daily and it will get itself out one day? Like I woke up and it peeled of in my rooster coop? Or will I need to peel it myself? If let's say it peeled itself off overnight wouldn't my rooster lose blood? I also don't get you by "after a while some manage to get kernel of infection off that way so it can heal itself" I take it as some people manage to get it out by soaking their chicken foot and it manages to heal overtime? Sorry my English isn't that good. But if you are saying what I said, wdym by some? Does it's not working have a high chance compare to it's working?

Failure to treat bumblefoot can become toxic to your bird, the timeframe of said toxicity is impossible for mere mortals to predict. Failure to treat scaly leg mites provides a safe home and breeding ground for this parasite... under the scales of your bird's legs and feet and is HIGHLY transmittable to other birds in your flock. Both conditions cause discomfort, of which chickens are experts of concealing, often hiding their pain until the bitter end and at death's door.
If epsom salt is too difficult or expensive to obtain, plain table salt will do, and if that's also impossible, plain warm water will work too, just not as effectively. If cooking oil is too hard for you to obtain, then I suggest finding a new home for your bird(s).
It offends me and is beyond my comprehension why you would even consider NOT treating your rooster's foot conditions.

Failure to treat bumblefoot can become toxic to your bird, the timeframe of said toxicity is impossible for mere mortals to predict. Failure to treat scaly leg mites provides a safe home and breeding ground for this parasite... under the scales of your bird's legs and feet and is HIGHLY transmittable to other birds in your flock. Both conditions cause discomfort, of which chickens are experts of concealing, often hiding their pain until the bitter end and at death's door.
If epsom salt is too difficult or expensive to obtain, plain table salt will do, and if that's also impossible, plain warm water will work too, just not as effectively. If cooking oil is too hard for you to obtain, then I suggest finding a new home for your bird(s).
It offends me and is beyond my comprehension why you would even consider NOT treating your rooster's foot conditions.
Just want to know side effect If I fail to obtain or something, thank you very much for the help, I would never find out about those mites without you, I checked his foot and yes it's highly up, I guess I am off to work, one more thing i want to know, if I keep soaking his foot, one day it will peel off itself, wouldn't that be hurtful to him? Like a piece of his flesh from foot got cut and will leave a hole there which will make him bleed

Yikes.. told my family and they all reacted negatively, telling me how I am over sensitive and other stuff and the thing I been told from here are just false info by over careful people.. my family might not been as good as I thought, not one thing I learned from here that they agreed too. This is just trash. I just want to know how much time I got so I can try to get some money myself to help him.

On dirt/straw, I put it every month or so and leave it there, should I put it more? How about I putting a cloth and then bedding it with dirt/straw on top of the cloth which will make it more comfy?
To wrap bumble foot you wanna wrap it kinda similar to a glove that wraps around your hand. You don't want it tight, but not lose either. You also shouldn't wrap the whole leg as it may impede movement to much. And you don't wanna do that if it isn't necessary.

This link shows you pictures of a wrapped bumble that is pretty good. I've done it this way before to. You can use this method for other injuries in that area to. Not just bumble.

https://www.backyardchickens.com/ar...our-chickens-with-surgery-graphic-pics.47705/

Yikes.. told my family and they all reacted negatively, telling me how I am over sensitive and other stuff and the thing I been told from here are just false info by over careful people.. my family might not been as good as I thought, not one thing I learned from here that they agreed too. This is just trash. I just want to know how much time I got so I can try to get some money myself to help him.

Eh? No offense to you, but if your family is refusing to either treat or cull sick animals in their care they are pretty much breaking animal cruelty laws (in my country at least). Why do they have the animals if they won't look after them?

BYC is a great resource for learning almost anything you need to know about chickens and other birds. The learning centre (https://www.backyardchickens.com/articles/categories/learning-center.11/) has hundreds of articles on almost every topic, including the conditions your rooster may have. Might be helpful to have a read of the articles there as they usually more thoroughly answer any questions, while including helpful pictures and video etc. Bumblefoot articles will be under the heading 'Injuries & Diseases' while the scaly leg mite info will be under the heading 'Pests & Predators'. You may find this helpful.

Like Ebony said, chickens are experts in hiding their pain and discomfort as they are prey animals. Often by the time you even notice something is wrong with a chicken they are in a severely ill state. That's why it's so important to be watchful and examine the flock regularly, to try and nip any conditions in the bud before they become worse. At least the chicken has got you trying to take proper care of it - you just need to arm yourself with the knowledge here and get the treatment sorted. A couple foot baths and some oil is a relatively easy fix when you think about all the other health problems chickens are prone to!

Eh? No offense to you, but if your family is refusing to either treat or cull sick animals in their care they are pretty much breaking animal cruelty laws (in my country at least). Why do they have the animals if they won't look after them?

BYC is a great resource for learning almost anything you need to know about chickens and other birds. The learning centre (https://www.backyardchickens.com/articles/categories/learning-center.11/) has hundreds of articles on almost every topic, including the conditions your rooster may have. Might be helpful to have a read of the articles there as they usually more thoroughly answer any questions, while including helpful pictures and video etc. Bumblefoot articles will be under the heading 'Injuries & Diseases' while the scaly leg mite info will be under the heading 'Pests & Predators'. You may find this helpful.

Like Ebony said, chickens are experts in hiding their pain and discomfort as they are prey animals. Often by the time you even notice something is wrong with a chicken they are in a severely ill state. That's why it's so important to be watchful and examine the flock regularly, to try and nip any conditions in the bud before they become worse. At least the chicken has got you trying to take proper care of it - you just need to arm yourself with the knowledge here and get the treatment sorted. A couple foot baths and some oil is a relatively easy fix when you think about all the other health problems chickens are prone to!
i am from pakistan and this is a very under developed country so there no rules like that, my family buy chicks and grow them because they like doing it but they don't deeply care about it, they are a bit selfish but we are also financially bad and my rooster probably doesn't cost much if i try to sell it and taking care of him gonna take more money so i don't blame them, they probably got angry and biased because i am caring about a rooster at this financially bad moment but i am gonna try to get him the care he need, i hope nothing bad happends to him before i manage to get him some care.

i am from pakistan and this is a very under developed country so there no rules like that, my family buy chicks and grow them because they like doing it but they don't deeply care about it, they are a bit selfish but we are also financially bad and my rooster probably doesn't cost much if i try to sell it and taking care of him gonna take more money so i don't blame them, they probably got angry and biased because i am caring about a rooster at this financially bad moment but i am gonna try to get him the care he need, i hope nothing bad happends to him before i manage to get him some care.
Okay then, let's break this down to the bare minimum of needs.
Plain warm water to soak his feet in for a good 15 or 20 minute soak, after soaking, gently yet firmly dry his feet with a dry terry-cloth towel/rag, the type that has a rough texture often used for bathing. The texture of this cloth will help to loosen the scabby portion of that wound, and with luck, it will 'pop off' during/after one of his soaking sessions. Cost... your time.
After his warm foot bath and gentle/rough drying with a cloth, put a little bit of cooking oil into the palm of your hands and massage that into his legs and feet (both top and bottom of the feet). This will also help to moisturize his skin and improve blood flow to his feet and legs, making them healthier in that regard as well. Cost... a penny plus your time.

Doublecheck other members of the flock's feet and legs for mites, and if found, give them a foot massage with oil too. They will not require a complete foot bath for this treatment. For a few pennies, can treat the whole flock.
Now that I understand your situation better, I can read your past messages differently, and apologize for my judgement of you.

The advice given to you will cost nearly nothing but your time, and in my opinion, is sound advice. Failure to heed the advice given risks the health of your entire flock because of the mites and in particular, this rooster, with his added risk of sepsis due to the bumblefoot.

Keeping you and your feathered family in my prayers.

Well, thank you very much for the help, you been a really big help and gave me the answer I was looking forward too, last question, if bumblefoot comes out or pop up, will I need to put medicines and bandage his foot daily?
Okay then, let's break this down to the bare minimum of needs.
Plain warm water to soak his feet in for a good 15 or 20 minute soak, after soaking, gently yet firmly dry his feet with a dry terry-cloth towel/rag, the type that has a rough texture often used for bathing. The texture of this cloth will help to loosen the scabby portion of that wound, and with luck, it will 'pop off' during/after one of his soaking sessions. Cost... your time.
After his warm foot bath and gentle/rough drying with a cloth, put a little bit of cooking oil into the palm of your hands and massage that into his legs and feet (both top and bottom of the feet). This will also help to moisturize his skin and improve blood flow to his feet and legs, making them healthier in that regard as well. Cost... a penny plus your time.

Doublecheck other members of the flock's feet and legs for mites, and if found, give them a foot massage with oil too. They will not require a complete foot bath for this treatment. For a few pennies, can treat the whole flock.
Now that I understand your situation better, I can read your past messages differently, and apologize for my judgement of you.

The advice given to you will cost nearly nothing but your time, and in my opinion, is sound advice. Failure to heed the advice given risks the health of your entire flock because of the mites and in particular, this rooster, with his added risk of sepsis due to the bumblefoot.

Keeping you and your feathered family in my prayers.

Back
Top Bottom