My rooster killed a hawk ***Pics***

Quote:
way to go, smoke and to the RIR who took out the p. falc.!

too bad pictures weren't larger....................

fyi, this past year, at least two different roosters in two different places killed hawks that landed 'where they should not have landed'.

then, another case of a HEN and a small dog killing a hawk. the hen got to the hawk first, then the little dog. and together they had a ball.

THEN, in the 70 s, there was the EAGLE which entered the coop looking for dinner. Well, he was met by the papa roo. Result? Eagle beaten to a bloody pulp.

here's to you, Smoke

I love eagles and hawks
hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif

WOW! I think I need a rooster now to protect my girls! cause we have one or two hawks around and I am always worried about them
sad.png
GREAT JOG SMOKE

Smoke is a good boy! I agree he needs lots of extra treats!
I just had a hawk attack my silkie boy yesterday. He stood up to him trying to protect some youngsters. I am not sure what kind it was but it was a big one. I was able to get to him in time and Henry is OK but the hawk was a bold one. He waited until I was almost on top of him before he flew away to a tree and just watched me! Henry has a gash on his side that I am keeping an eye on but otherwise OK. He earned his keep yesterday for sure!!!

Quote:
Hawks are not weak at all. I know of twice I have seen a rooster win against a hawk. I have never seen, heard or dreamt my rooster could kill a Red Tailed Hawk. They are very large hawks. I will say, I knew my rooster was a tough young bird when he was not even a year old and fought an older roo 3 times his size because the older roo attacked 1 of his hens. He almost killed that older roo. We had to get rid of that rooster. Smoke is Ok around other roos as long as they show repect to him and his particular hens. He killed the hawk with a spur to the hawks right eye and into its brain. Not sure if it was luck or not but he is a Pumpkin Hulsey, which were bred originally for fighting, and he is very smart for a chicken. Of course, I do not fight him or any birds. Someone did offer me $300 for him a year ago ( to fight I'm sure) and I would not do so. He's my buddy who I talk to when I need some peace.

Quote:
Hawks are not weak at all. I know of twice I have seen a rooster win against a hawk. I have never seen, heard or dreamt my rooster could kill a Red Tailed Hawk. They are very large hawks. I will say, I knew my rooster was a tough young bird when he was not even a year old and fought an older roo 3 times his size because the older roo attacked 1 of his hens. He almost killed that older roo. We had to get rid of that rooster. Smoke is Ok around other roos as long as they show repect to him and his particular hens. He killed the hawk with a spur to the hawks right eye and into its brain. Not sure if it was luck or not but he is a Pumpkin Hulsey, which were bred originally for fighting, and he is very smart for a chicken. Of course, I do not fight him or any birds. Someone did offer me $300 for him a year ago ( to fight I'm sure) and I would not do so. He's my buddy who I talk to when I need some peace.

Hawks are delicate, especially the head. Roosters are well suited to deliver impacts to head and body of hawk. Hawk is in trouble unless it has you in its talons.

Back
Top Bottom