My rooster went from normal to lethargic overnight

animalluver598

In the Brooder
5 Years
Oct 24, 2014
Hello all,
My rooster was fine yesterday he was jumping from the roof to the ground and eating his favorite snack, sunflower seeds. It has been insanely hot here in TN, so I'm tempted to think that might contribute to his sudden health change. I went to change their water this morning and normally he flys around and gets all crazy, this morning he's laying on the ground, he can't keep his balance and it almost looks like he is having seizers or something. He is also very weak, when I gave them water I held him and made sure he drank. There is no sign of any attack, the rest of the birds with him are fine!! I am hoping maybe someone can help me help him! I don't know what to do!

Attachments

• IMG_1320.jpg
    IMG_1320.jpg
    528.7 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_1318.jpg
    IMG_1318.jpg
    938.6 KB · Views: 8
Hello all,
My rooster was fine yesterday he was jumping from the roof to the ground and eating his favorite snack, sunflower seeds. It has been insanely hot here in TN, so I'm tempted to think that might contribute to his sudden health change. I went to change their water this morning and normally he flys around and gets all crazy, this morning he's laying on the ground, he can't keep his balance and it almost looks like he is having seizers or something. He is also very weak, when I gave them water I held him and made sure he drank. There is no sign of any attack, the rest of the birds with him are fine!! I am hoping maybe someone can help me help him! I don't know what to do!
Does he have mites or lice? Has he been dewormed lately? I would give him some electrolyte water using sav a chik or watered down Gatorade I've used both.

Back
Top Bottom