My Silver Leghorn Bantams (((PICTURES)))

Aww.. Cute
big_smile.png
I have one too I believe or she's a mix,she's so small and mean to everybody!
lau.gif

I saw your post (and pics) of silver leghorn bantams from almost two years ago just now. Do you still breed these birds? I live in British Columbia (rather far away, unfortunately) and I used to raise silver leghorn bantams. I loved them! They are showy, great producers, have wonderfully unleghornlike calm dispositions, and apparently are extremely hard to come by. I had to disperse my flock and now, 10 years later, I cannot locate breeders anywhere in Canada. I would be very interested in pursuing the possibility of acquiring either mature birds or day old chicks from you next spring (2013). That should give me sufficient time to find out about import regulations and such. Thank you!

I have been interested in Silver Leghorns for YEARS!!!!!! Now I am not sure I can get any because I am downsizing my flock by quite a bit, but PLEASE put me on your list and We will see next spring. They are only bantams so they only count as half a chicken each right? I have a pair of exhibition quality white bantams and a lone lt brown bantam also. I love them.

OOps old thread! Well I still love them! Then there is the OEGbanatn silver duckwing and the silver Ameraucanas that have the almost same coloring. I love the roos and also the hens. Maybe if I get some silver duckwing oeg bantams then they will only count as a quarter of a chicken. :gig More people should get into these breed IMHO. As far as the heritage, not the production ones. They are a lot nicer than one thinks and are good rangers too. Here is my white bantam boy waiting for the storm. He stayed outside the whole storm too. Should have seen him after. All wet and muddy. ;) :p I think if I breed a white to a light brown I will get red pyle and those are really pretty too. But,,,,love the silvers!!!!!

Last edited:
I've been working onsilver leghorn bantams for a few years now. I'd probably be interested if I can afford it.

Back
Top Bottom