My simple coop

Nov 8, 2020
All the materials where free free scraps
20201106_144847.jpg
from a iob i just did. The total amount spent was 60$ so far. Put in a 100 cfm fan and a bathroom exhaust fan on a varriable control switch. And the light is controlled by thermostat incase the nest box gets to hott. Later the thermostat will be replaced by a timer and strictly run the led. Alot of the dangling wires will be gone later they are temporary for the brood lamp and thermostat. The fan is actually hard wired.
20201106_144838.jpg
20201105_140710.jpg
here is a link to my live feed of inside the coop
Live feed of coop

Attachments

• 20201105_140652.jpg
    20201105_140652.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 31
All the materials where free free scraps View attachment 2404532from a iob i just did. The total amount spent was 60$ so far. Put in a 100 cfm fan and a bathroom exhaust fan on a varriable control switch. And the light is controlled by thermostat incase the nest box gets to hott. Later the thermostat will be replaced by a timer and strictly run the led. Alot of the dangling wires will be gone later they are temporary for the brood lamp and thermostat. The fan is actually hard wired. View attachment 2404533View attachment 2404528here is a link to my live feed of inside the coop
Live feed of coop
Awww the babies are so cute on their tiny perch!

Nice brooder!
but...How do you reach down in there?

That lamp is scary, add some better fasteners.

Does the fan blow in or out?
They need fresh air too..so more vents needed.
The fan blows out pulling fresh air in the door hatch has small gap at the hinges and that has enough draw for the fan.
Good idea on securing the light.
The box is 50 inches tall so i use a stool and im 6'2 so i have long arms to reach in. The top opens at the nesting area. I also made it so I can lift out and remove the floor in two peices for cleaning purposes.

Last edited:
The fan blows out pulling fresh air in the door hatch has small gap at the hinges and that has enough draw for the fan.
It's also sucking all the heat out, hopefully still warm enough at floor level for the chicks.
Beware fan collecting dust which could be another fire hazard.

It's also sucking all the heat out, hopefully still warm enough at floor level for the chicks.
Beware fan collecting dust which could be another fire hazard.
I just finished up the electrical work in my coop and cleaned out the brooder room. The summer box fan, that doesn't run as much as a vent fan would need to, was PLASTERED in a very thick layer of dust. That exhaust fan will need to be cleaned at least monthly if not bi-weekly.

Back
Top Bottom