My son found his fav!

TheJuan-n-Only

Songster
9 Years
Sep 10, 2010
Tampa
So I got the chicks for 2 weeks now, but this entire time my son was out of town with his mom and he just got to see the babies....

Today he got to feed them by hand and he picked the 5 week RIR and held it for a while...until Pandora fell as sleep!

The Below pic was worth all the homework I had to do on this page, all the work on the coop, the 3 hr drive round trip to pic up the girls
hide.gif
...EVERYTHING!!! Actually took the pic with his cell since he wanted to send it to his friends!

carlos-1.jpg

I love the huge smile on his face as he falls victim to a cute little fluffy butt!
I got back into chickens when we went to a Bed & Breakfast in NH and they had a coop that you could go into and pick your eggs and walk them into the kitchen for the cook who would cook them to order. He spent all his time in the coop feeding them day old bread from the kitchen. He fell in love, so that Spring in 2004 we started our chicken venture as a family
love.gif

Quote:
Oh he is heads overheels already...had to tell him to let the peeps sleep for the night!!! lol

It is a great family experience, he helped me build the coop, we learned about breeds together and now we are taking care of the babies.....creating memories every step of the way....one day he'll be able to tell his own kids when their grampa went crazy and got chickens
lau.gif

Quote:
Oh he is heads overheels already...had to tell him to let the peeps sleep for the night!!! lol

It is a great family experience, he helped me build the coop, we learned about breeds together and now we are taking care of the babies.....creating memories every step of the way....one day he'll be able to tell his own kids when their grampa went crazy and got chickens
lau.gif

It's so nice to hear families are still doing what families should do. Learning, sharing, creating, and enjoying, anything, it does'nt matter, just doing it as a family. So many wonderful stepping stones, learning curves, highs and lows, smiles, and laughter. Congratulations on doing what counts
smile.png

Quote:

lau.gif

It's so nice to hear families are still doing what families should do. Learning, sharing, creating, and enjoying, anything, it does'nt matter, just doing it as a family. So many wonderful stepping stones, learning curves, highs and lows, smiles, and laughter. Congratulations on doing what counts
smile.png

thumbsup.gif
....oh and most importnat it keeps him away from the TV and video games! hahahahaha (and me
hide.gif
) lol

I agree with you so many people loose sight of what really matters!!!! I can go on, and on lol.....

Back
Top Bottom