My son needs a name!!! FINALLY HERE pg 1

Quote:
Yeah, I like it too. My friend is 72 and was raised in Nebraska. He is the one of the best horse trainers alive today. I've seen him teach a horse to canter standing still. He's unbelievable and kinda my mentor, sort of Dad to me, so we seriously may name the baby Howdy since he has genuinely asked me too. His granddaughters name is Stetson and he would like that for a girl's name, but I told him to come up with something new. I kinda like Dually too...LOL So now I've added Dually and Levi from this list. We like Coyt, but noone else seems too.

Quote:
I so agree with this I can't tell you how many times as a kid I came home in tears. I had a teacher in 3rd grade who refused to say my name correctly. My mom had to go down and have it out with her. That was when I started to hate my name. I still have today people who can't pronounce it right. When I was a kid I wanted stuff with my name on it and you couldn't find anything. Not a necklace, pen, pencil nothing. So I decided I would name my kids something a little more common. Over the years I've met several others with my name which is not common at all and then find out they are 3 Twila's living in Ocala of all places.

Thanks Thechickenchick! My DH's name is Curtis so that's how he came about his middle name.

The name that we are given at birth is so important throughout life that it needs to be well thought out. When I was about 12, I heard a boy say that my name sounds like a fat girls name. Very traumatizing to a young girl who already hates her name and is self concsious about her body. I still to this day don't like my name. So I gave my kids names that I thought were masculine and feminine (Erica Lauren and Olivia Rose) for my daughters. Names given do impact people throughtout life. I couldn't even begin to think of how many times I've been called Cora or Car-a.

I'll quit rambling. Just something to think about when trying to decide names.
smile.png

Cara

Last edited:
Quote:
I love Cara, I think its very feminine. I almost named my daughter Cara. I think everyone has an aversion to their own name regardless of rather it's a traditional name, or one thats a little different. I suppose you just get tired of hearing it. My son Jacob hates his and you can't get more traditional than Jacob. He says everyone is named Jacob and he wants to be called Jack. My oldest wants to go by his middle name. I've never like my own name. I think regardless of what you name your children at some point and time their going to wish they were called something else. I

Quote:
My name is Emily. Growing up (I am almost thirty :O), I knew FOUR Emilys. One was a fifth grader when I was in kindergarten, two were a grade below me when I was in junior high, and one was a sophmore when I was a freshman. Now Emilys are crawling all over the place :lol

You think having your name yelled is bad? I get that too, but I have had to train myself not to respond to my name! :lol In fact, one of my friends has an Emily, and was hissing at her to be quiet (you know, quiet yell
wink.png
). I whipped around and said, "What??" I thought she was gonna tell me something urgent :lol.

Michael is a great name. It's my son's. Although, I heard that boys named Michael can be a handful. Is that true? :lol

Michael means "Who is like God?" People often leave off the question mark, which gives the name a different connotation altogether
roll.png
I think its a beautiful reminder that even though my kid is almost perfect
wink.png
, we still need to remember who created him, and who is really in charge.

Thanks Michael, for grousing about your name
lol.png
My son is having dental work done tomorrow (he is two) and while defending the name Michael I had to remember who is really in charge of his teeth, and its not me
wink.png

I can be a handfull, I am kinda rebelious, I cause trouble sometimes. When I was younger I used to be so shy, now I am super outgoing. I have only met one Michael that was super shy, most of the others (like myself) are always active, the neighbor down the road reminds me of myself first because we have the same name, and he plays in the mud and critter poo all the time like I used to.

Well, you sure do have a lot of great suggestions here!! Is this helping, or just making it more difficult?
lol.png
It is so hard to pick names...there are such great ones out there!

Our baby boy's name is Elias. Unique but not too "out there" was what we were going for.
big_smile.png

Flyingmonkey -
What do you think of the name "Ford"? I knew a kid with that name 40 years ago. I thought it was neat, and I think it would go great with "Dually".

Is there anything harder than choosing a name for your child? I don't think so, except the birthing part... maybe.
hmm.png

My boys are:

Chase Grayson (his grandfather wanted me to name him either Roland or Wylie, and his father wanted him to be Caleb)
Austin Alexander
Aaron David

Best wishes to you!
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom