My temporaray duck pen DUW

Buster

Back to Work
12 Years
Jan 4, 2008
The Frozen Wasteland of Idaho
This is pen DW and I got done today for a temporary duck pen because these ducks HAD to leave the garage! If you have any comments or suggestions I would appreciate them. It's not permanent, but I would like to know what else I need to do when I do the real deal.
ducks001.jpg

ducks003.jpg

ducks002.jpg

ducks004.jpg

Any guesses on gender or is it too early yet? They are 6-7 weeks old as far as I know and two are buff ducks and one is a magpie/cayuga cross.

Thanks!

Last edited:
Looks great! The only suggestion I have is if they are going to be sleeping out there to put something over the top so nothing can get in to get 'em. You can tell the gender by their quacks. Females have a very loud quack, and males have more of a whisper. But when they are around 4 months old the males tail should start to curl. Good luck with 'em!

I know they love it! If they are going to be in there all day long you need a top on it. Even a double layer of chicken wire is better than nothing when it comes to protecting them from predators while you are gone in the day.

I know that one of them quacks really loud. One quacks soft and the other is undetermined.

Thanks for the comments about the top for it. I kind of figured I would have to do something about that, so I will pick up some chicken wire for the top tomorrow.

Quote:
The loud one is probably the females and the soft one is probably the male. I agree with the top idea, you don't want anything to get in there.

I think you need more ducks. That pen is way too empty.
lol.png

You should come to Portland and see the sights. While here, you can stop by and take some ducks home.

Just send em to me with the puppy.
big_smile.png

And Terrie, I'll be over in Portland again in October (nudge nudge, wink wink!) We just got back from there - well we landed in portland and drove to washington. My hubby's grandfather lives in Kalama.

Back
Top Bottom